Who else is completely sure we've found our QB in Mariota??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chapa_el, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Oiler Fan

Old Oiler Fan Starter

Here is what I've seen from him so far:
    1. I'm a little concerned about the 10 yd sack he took. It was a play action on first down. He was all by himself 10 yds back and he let a 300 lb dt come out of nowhere and sack him. With his speed no way he should have let that happen. That was his chance to show his mobility. I want to see that he has awareness of pressure and is able to use his mobility to escape situations like that.
    2. I was VERY impressed with his accuracy. I'm not sure I've seen a rookie that accurate. It will be interesting to see if it continues.
    3. His arm strength looked fine. It's not on the level of Mett but his accuracy and decisions make up for it.
    4. I love his mental strength so far. I couldn't believe he was laughing with Whiz on the sideline after the bonehead plays. Then he went out on the field and played great. That's great leadership too because it sends the message to the team and fans to not worry because he's got it under control.
    5. What I still want to see:
    a. Scramble ability
    b. His deep ball
    c. His intermediate throws
    d. His screen game.
    e. That the bonehead plays were a fluke.

I can't wait to see more!

#41 Old Oiler Fan, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 4
  2. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I don't understand you. You are crowning the guy after one preseason game...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. chapa_el

chapa_el Starter

No I crowned him before the game. Hahaha

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nope. Which is why I'm constantly smiling.

She did POUR hot coffee on me when I made spelling mistakes, though.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

So how did the commercial go? You know before I decide to EDUCATE America's future I produced/directed literally thousands of them. Would love to see your work. And BTW, you are wrong about MM...he will be just fine.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Prideful

Prideful Starter

For Marcus's first game as a rookie he played a very good game. Marcus will only get better from here on, other than the sack, init, and the fumble he did great, love seeing that accuracy hes got, its a lot better than the last 9 years thats for sure. Can't wait for next game. #GoTitans

After watching Winston play i am so glad the Bucs took him first.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I am completely sure. I expected him to fall flat on his face in this first game, and he did. And he dusted himself off. Composed himself, and got back in the game. The thing with this guy that makes me believe in him the most is that work ethic.

I think he had to have those bad plays, sacks, fumbles, INT. He had to get acquainted with the speed of the game and had to experience being tackled by NFL men. Now that he has and has gotten back up I expect him to really improve. He now knows what to expect.

With tape to review of himself, I believe he'll be critical of himself and work his @$$ off to ensure that he doesn't embarrass himself or his people. He puts a lot of pressure on himself and is willing to put in the work to really get better. He scared the sh!+ out of me when he tried to pursue and dove on that TD he gave up. I thought oh F*** here we go again. But he bounced back and settled down.

OL is gonna have to do a better job of keeping him clean and giving him time to operate. All in all I definitely believe he is our guy.

8. Blue_Camo

Blue_Camo Starter

He has a lot of potential, but will suffer physically and psychologically working behind our terrible o-line and non existent run game.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Pierre Thomas would be a good addition at RB
    Jake Long at RT

10. DaCost

DaCost Starter

To me the best play was the pass to one of our RBs (Andrews) over the LB that's something we haven't seen in years.

I do want to see a few deep passes and over the shoulder throws (especially to our big WRs).

Clearly his getting use to NFL speed and will take him time to get use to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar