Who do YOU want to win the Superbowl?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanBlazer, Jan 19, 2010.

?
  1. IND

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. NO

37 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. NYJ

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. MIN

12 vote(s)
    16.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My tendency is usually the following:

Arch rival: I do not want them to win a first championship. After they do win, I can usually let it go. And how I do this is to buy an autographed card of someone like Peyton Manning. That allows me to say, if you win a second, good for both of us. That has really worked for me.

Perennial Champion: Always root against them. See the Patriots. It gets annoying real fast. Do I have a Tom Brady auto card to ease the hatred, yes, and get this, it has Warners auto on it too. Killed two birds with one stone.

Underdog: I will almost always root for the underdog. It's just good fun. However, I do have to balance that against my natural inclination to not want someone to succeed where we have not. So the rule is not hard and fast. For example, the Jets. I do not really want Sanchez to succeed so fast. Did I want Eli to win a championship, not really, but I really hated the Patriots more. so Eli got a waiver and rooting for the Giants was very satisfying.

Perennial vs. Perennial:
    I try to find a player to root for. Maybe an ex-titan or something. I prefer someone's heart to get broken if possible.

Once the Titans win a superbowl: I can die happy. I'm lucky because the Houston Rockets gave me two championships already. I honestly believe it helps a marriage too. Men who have rooted for a team to the championship are much happier. Life has been much easier for me once Olajuwon took the title. But I would love for the Titans and Astros to complete me.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Vikes are riding Favre , he wont be around long so the Vikes need to win the Sb quick.

Jets are only in the race cause the Colts laid down and let them win several weeks ago to rest the Starters.

Colts and Saints are the only real contenders who will be back in the race next season.

3. TG24

TG24 Camp Fodder

Anyone but Indy. The order probably goes Saints, Vikings, Jets, Colts. I'm a UT fan...but I still hate the Colts with a passion.

4. EZMoney

EZMoney Camp Fodder

I am glad that all you guys are not bashing and respect other peoples out look on things. As they say each to there own. Much respect to all you guys! Thanks for not turning this into a drama post.

Once Peyton is gone don't worry the titans are going to be the power house in the AFC South with or without Fisher and we can all be happy.. =)

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Peyton gonna be like Favre and play forever. he will be schooling us at 40 years old.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Not the Colts. I don't care about the same division crap either....who cares. I hope they lose every freaking game, but I feel the same about the Faguars and the Cows. I get so sick of the fans and their annoying arrogance. And I get sick of hearing from they how the Colts don't get preferred treatment by the men in stripes. BULLSHI...!
    If anyone gets close to the golden boy the refs reach for their flags. I saw two late hits on sanchez and one blow to the head/face....no call. You better damn believe if that was the golden melon head, there would have been multiple flags. He dives to the ground every time somebody gets close to him....some call it smart, but hell this is football, quite being a puss! Their time is coming...maybe soon, maybe later...but they'll be on the bottom of the barrell again. Looks like the Colts will be in the superbowl. I don't care who they play, I hope they lose by a freakin' 100 points.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

There really wasn't an option for "Anyone but the Colts."

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea it's not about who I want to win the Superbowl it's now about who I don't want to win and that's Indianapolis. So Saints or Vikings, don't matter just not the Colts.

9. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

This

I always root for the underdog anyways.

But then again I think the Vikes and Colts are almost even so that matchup would just be me rooting for the vikes due to Colt-fan and Manning hatred. I like Addai, etc. Just hate the melon and his slobbering masses of bandwagoners. (even tho Brett is a 2 timing need-to-retire lime-light loving jerkwad I'd root for him over Melon.)

I'd much rather the Saints win it all and Brees get the recognition he deserves for such a good year. A year that was better then melon's if I'm not mistaken.

10. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

The way Melon ducks those hits he probably will last that long.

Brett is a sleaze ball....but at least he's not a wuss. I see the Melon being physically capable of playing as long as Brett...but I think he will get even further cowardly as he ages and doesn't have the sack for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar