Who do you want to start at WR?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 5, 2010.

?
  1. Justin Gage

40 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Nate Washington

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Kenny Britt

51 vote(s)
    85.0%
  4. Lavelle Hawkins

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I dont know why we wont give edison a chance!!! Hes def got the best hands on the team, even dinger said so! Plus he is also prolly our fastest wr!!

2. iQon

iQon Starter

Based on last year, Britt/Gage in sets with Scaife/Cook sounds good to me.

Nate in the slot is probably a necessary evil.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Edison will get his chance soon. Fisher just doesnt like to throw latter round rookies into the mix that quick. Really hasnt been much room for Edison. cause Hawkins, Nate, Gage, Britt are the go to guys. Edison was pretty awesome last year in pre season. once he gets his shot in a real game i hope he makes the best of it. i like all of our WR's in some way or another.

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I think Kenny needs to be our number 1 because Nate and Gage are a number 2 at best.
    Britt #1
    Gage #2
    and Hawk #3 in the slot.
    let Edison backup Gage and let Nate back up Hawk in the slot.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Weren't you the one who, just a few weeks ago, was saying that Britt sucks and how he's #4 on the depth chart and that Hawkins is better?

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Britt is the guy by far we all should be rooting for. He has the physical skills to be a true #1 WR and hasn't come close to his potential yet.

IMO Washington's best role is the same one he played in Pitt as the 3rd WR and slot guy. Not sure the Titans are thinking that way but IMO they should. He would get nice match ups he can take advantage of.

The real wild card is Gage's spot. Gage is actually solid when he is healthy (especially true if he has a guy like Britt playing across from him) but he simply hasn't been able to perform at a high level for a 16 game season. We have a handful of guys nipping at his heals like Edison, Hawkins (who finally knows what he is doing out there from reports) and Williams. Best case scenario is for one of those guys to really step up and actually beat Gage out of his spot.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

In addition to being somewhat drop prone, Kenny Britt admits he's been injury plagued in training camp so far.
    Britt missed both of Friday's two-a-day practices with a hip flexor, which he anticipates will keep him out for "some time." "I come to camp with a swollen knee and now I run around and get another injury that slows me back down," he added.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I say Britt at 1, Washington at 2, Hawk at 3, and gage can come in when we need someone to make a big catch lol. Wiliams is gone. While Edison and Sewall are long shots. Mariani has a chance on special teams with DWill. It depends, how many WRs can we have?

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Britt had injury problems all of last years camp too, I remember before the preseason even started people were calling him a bust. I'm not worried in the least.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Prefer Britt and Hawkins (just to show some of his potential) but it will be Gage and Washington most likely. Fisher is as predictable as a stop sign on these things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar