Who do you take first pick if you are the GM?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KTOWN TITAN, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Amen.

Yes, resign gage and sign bernard berrian and we don't have to draft a WR at all. Someone from our rookie class this year needs to step up and play. Maybe ealy will be like drew bennett was. That's sound thinking..

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm on the FA or trade bandwagon to improve our WR core. Early picks are too risky and take too long to develop. Spend what it takes to get some solid guys in here and use our early draft picks to bolster our defense or OL and TE.

The other factor that keeps being left out is our QB play. People still are afraid to admit even a Chad Jackson or Reggie Wayne isn't going to put up massive numbers in our offense right now. Think Randy Moss in Oakland compared to NE. Our team is built on the running game and playing defense. We made our bed and now we need to sleep in it.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We haven't had the best of luck overall with FA either. Either proposition is a bit risky.

Although I would prefer a proven vet, getting one to fit in here could be even trickier. With our offense, our coach who won't take BS, our QB, I think a lot of the big time WR's wouldn't even consider TN. Now some of the 2nd teir guys may (especially if they want the mullah). But then we're back to square one asking the same question we had with a guy like Givens....can he be a true #1 and solid upgrade over what we have?

I see no easy answer for the WR position, but I wouldn't rule out any method of improving it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo, could you do me a favor and list all the "true" #1 WR in the nfl and also tell me which guys might be available with the 25th pick that are bonafide #1 type guys.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm not going to get into a discussion that would ultimately boil down to semantics. My point is, when need an upgrade at WR. And I also know it's not an easy position to upgrade, I've already stated as much and what I think about the different paths. There is no bonified #1 "type", they come in all shapes, speeds, strengths and weaknesses.

Guys who I think have the potential to be a very good upgrade to the roster at 25 are Kelly, Jackson, Bennett, Hardy, Bowman, Manningham, Doucet, Caldwell, Douglas, Sweed, and DJ Hall. A lot depends on the Jr's, and that may make a lot of near top end talent available in the 2nd if we choose to wait.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Geez you only named 10 guys. One of those 10 guys will be a stud nfl WR. Most likely he will be drafted before 25th..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar