Who do you take first pick if you are the GM?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KTOWN TITAN, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nothing special about that play.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny it just won them the game. There simply are not a lot of personal highlights out there yet but as we get closer to the draft i'm sure something will pop up on you tube.

Phillips is similar in size(actually a little bigger) and athleticism to griffin and a comparable prospect to griffin or nelson last year. He can start right away for us and be a stud on special teams like griffin has been. He is certainly an upgrade over lowry.

With phillips we will have the flexibility to use griffin in the slot in nickel and dime packages where he can use his unusual talents to create big plays. We will have a solid d-line and solid linebackers so having 2 active stud safeties in the middle of things will make our defense first rate for a long time..

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually I could see us taking a stud CB if one is available (assuming we look to trade Pacman). Finnegan has obviously settled in as the long term answer on one side and we could use a quality young CB to groom for the other side. He could either start right away or move to the NB spot his first year. I like Griffin staying at S.

Where we will be picking I see us taking the BPA again. There are a number of positions to choose from. DT, DE, MLB, CB or maybe S if we prefer to move Griffin outside. On offense it could be WR or TE.

4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

I would go in this direction.

1. WR
    2. TE
    3. DT

I would be willing to swap the order according to who is available if a great DT slides into the 2nd I would take him or if all the best receivers go early you take the best TE or DT available. The one thing for sure is that the Titans need to address those 3 spots in the draft and free agency.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I would love to have another DT but if haynesworth signs a long term deal with us we are in no immediant need for a DT at all. Another haynesworth type guy is unlikely to be available ever unless we are picking early. want to trade up for ellis? Last year we could of traded up for alan branch(pick 33) if we wanted him bad enough but we didn't and maybe that was a good thing because he has done little for the cardinals this year.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think our first rounder has to be on offense unless we have no faith in our ability to resign Haynesworth. Another position that's being vastly overlooked is OLB. We are very thin there and our two good ones aren't getting any younger.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Building winning football teams by drafting Wrs in the first rd..

Has it worked for the cardinals or lions?

2003 arizona was 4-12 their 5th straight losing season. In rd one they get bryant johnson penn state. In rd 2 they get antuan boldin florida state. Johnson shows promise boldin is a stud.

2004 cards are 6-10. Use very high first rd pick on another WR fitzgerald.

2005 record 5-11

2006 record 5-11

2007 record 7-8

So someone tell me then why drafting a WR in rd 1 is so darn important.

Boldin and fitzgerald have been studs. Johnson a solid #3. the cards basically got what they wanted out of these guys and they still suck as a team!

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

The Colts seem to have done ok by drafting WR's in the 1st.

The Pats have taken many 2nd round guys. Not that they've helped a lot in their winning, but they are considered a good drafting team, and they get that WR's are important.

We've taken only one 1st round WR in the last 10 years, and one 2nd rounder in that time.

We have a big need at WR, arguably the biggest need on the team as of now. Talking about taking a WR in the 1st is not crazy at all.

9. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

I think the Pats and Colts have better QB's than the Cards and Lions. Maybe that's the difference? Surround VY with weapons and then see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar