Who do you take first pick if you are the GM?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KTOWN TITAN, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

So many choices and you are paid to make the right one. I will not envy MR come spring time(nor do I already). Him and the scout department are gonna have alot of work to do. The choices at WR alone are mind numbing. Early Doucet, Adarius Bowman, Limas Sweed, DJ Hall, Mario Manningham, Marcus Monk, Desaun Jackson, Malcolm Kelly, Andre Caldwell, James Hardy. Not all are seniors but lets assume they come out early. Do the Titans even take a WR first? Should be fun to watch.:pop:

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

There are so many variables right now how in the heck could anyone even project who we are going to take? We don't know what players we will be able to re-sign or sign in FA, we don't know if we can pull off a trade, we don't know what the Titans plans for Pac are, we don't know where we will be picking in the draft and we don't know who is going to be picked ahead of us. We have no idea how things are going to shake out after the workouts either.

If I was going to just take a shot in the dark and pick a guy I think would be a solid pick it would be Earl Bennett. He is going to be a solid pro IMO and possibly the most liekely to contribute early.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

One thing to keep in mind is there are a lot of tall WR's. The one thing that I've noticed about VY when he's not accurate is that he usually throws too high. There's a lot of 6-4 to 6-7 guys this time around (depending on some Jr's of course). Hardy, Bowman, Sweed, Monk, Kelly, Urrudia. Of course they all won't have to be picked in the first either.

4. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

i second the earl bennett opinion, while he may not come out, he may be the most solid junior this year. Hes got more size than people give him at 6'1 202 and seems to always make the tough catches. Im a bit of a vandy homer but hes still mighty impressive given the talent he worked with.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I'm just tired of taking wide reciever that have "potential". We always take guys that have all the physical gifts, but aren't very good football players. Earl Bennett is a football player, straight up. If he comes out, i'd love to see us draft him.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Bennett would be good in the 2nd

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

It all depends what we get in FA, if we grab a guy like Clayton, or Berrian, I would take a guy like Sweed to go with him. (Bringing Mac Brown in lmao)

If we grab essentially no one, I take Desean Jackson, no doubt about it, the guy is a stud

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

A monsterous DT go go along with resigning Albert

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Anyone else like Limas Sweed? he should be a solid WR and he's played with Vince, keep the Texas to Tennessee connection going. And I like the idea of bringing in Mac Brown, think he'd take an OC spot if Chow gets hired somewhere as a head coach? haha

If we can take care of WR in free agency I wouldn't mind seeing us take Gholston, him and KVB would give us a great pair of DEs, something we haven't had since Kevin Carter and the Freak

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar