Who do you miss most??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ZELL22, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And Neal wasn't on the field for the majority of George's carries in either season.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Want to rephrase that?

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I think Neal's impact on the field was underrated and the poor guy will probably go down as one of the most underrated FB's in the NFL. According to wikipedia (most reliable source on the internet) he has lead blocked for 1000 yard rushers in 11 straight seasons. Good character guy, good work ethic, willing to do whatever, etc. etc. etc. I wish him the best with the injury.

4. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

Gregg Williams and Lorenzo Neal

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thank you...someone's talking some sense

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It still didn't make Eddie who he is. Eddie was Eddie before Lo Neal was around.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

How can Neal be underrated? During any Chargers game, anytime the guy's mug is on screen, some announcers invariably goes off on some man-love soaked rant about how great a fullback the guy is and how he's blocked for 1000 yard rushers in 75 straight seasons (or somethng like that).... it's almost as hackneyed as the old McNair is tough cliche'.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Neal got the "high and short" kickoff to Wycheck. That makes him a Titans legend in my book.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I don't remember that being the case here in TN, and I can't speak for what happens in SD. I don't watch all their games. I just don't think he'll be recognized in the long run as a HoF FB. I hope I'm wrong because I think he deserves whatever accolades are thrown his way. I'm probably wrong, but that's nothing new.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

certainly, but in Dungeon and Dragon terms :geek: Lorezno Neal added +4 blocking ability, which goes a long way in deflecting physical attacks - magical attacks not so much though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar