Who do we take at 8?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I just cant see Jones making a huge impact here. For reasons that I mentioned earlier, I have a hard time seeing the Titans air out the ball and any opportunity that Julio Jones receives will come at the expense if Damian Williams and Jared Cook.

Is Jones really that much better than Washington, Williams, and Cook that he warrants using an 8th overall pick at the expense of a potential Pro Bowl defensive player?

I think most would say no.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

RollTide, I'd rather take Newton at #8 than Julio Jones... and I hate Newton. I just flat out don't think we need a WR, at all in this draft.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Who do we take at 8? All that matters is that we don't take a QB, I can stomach any other pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Even to me that's impressive.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'd agree with this, the one exception being if Titus Young slides into the 3rd round. I think he'd be a steal at 77. I agree though, WR isn't a huge need, which is why I don't see us taking one unless there is a good value pick somewhere.
    And I agree on Cam, he is the one player in this draft I absolutely do not want.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

With a name like Titus Young, he belongs on this team.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes he is. Cook will be playing TE next year and basically replaces scaife as our pass receiving TE. Yes he can do some things in the slot but i'm not sure how we compare him to a franchise WR.

Williams despite showing some good qualities is not a potential stud and Washington's contract runs out after next year. I expect that Gage will not be here this season and Hawkins should not be.

8. Brandon

Brandon Camp Fodder

Why is no one talking about JJ Watt? Did you guys see him this year? Absolutely the star on defense for Wisconsin.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I like him and mentioned him a time or two. He seems to have dropped a bit as other people are rising. Probably not worth the 8th pick, probably not going to be there in the 2nd.

10. Brandon

Brandon Camp Fodder

I can agree with this. however i'd rather see us draft him first round than Newton...

I just know in my gut that we're going to pass on him and in 5 years he'll be the next Ray Lewis... bleh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar