Who do we take at 8?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think he is. Jones caught 78 balls last year on a run oriented team against the best DBs in the country. Green never cracked 60 catches at Georgia. Jones doesn't have the prima donna attitude that many Wrs have. He doesn't mind blocking and he is 220 lbs + with only 4% body fat and can bench 400 lbs. That's not normal!

But hell i'll go along with you on Green. If julio comes off the board first then take Green at 8. Either way the best player on the board.

Keith bulluck maybe but Ray Lewis might be the best defensive player in the history of the league. Von miller and Ray Lewis should not be in the same sentence. But you know full well that even a great athlete and player like Bulluck could not be that impactful on our defense. Bulluck in an average year would get maybe 3 sacks and 2 ints, 2 FF. Maybe a handful of tackles behind the line.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great discussion by the way. Appreciate discussing football with you guys. 2tone and Finnebosch make great points.

My point in any event is clear. We are picking 8th not 16th or 20th. I want a player who can move mountains for this team not just be a upgrade to Verner or Mcgrath. I want a freakish player who can make plays or do things that ordinary players cannot.

A strong case can be made for just drafting Cam Newton and forgetting about anything else. He fits that description as well as anyone.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Anybody but Miller.

I just hope we don't look back next year and have one of those "Man we passed on him" moments.

Me personally, I wouldn't mind grabbing Julio Jones with the number 8 pick. You can't have too many WR's.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

RollTide really wants Julio Jones, hmm I see a connection there.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Given the Titans history, the team's current lack of a QB, and the prospects of having Munchak as coach, I have a hard time visualizinf Julio Jones making an impact on this team.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I actually had a dream last night where we drafted him.

If we are do end up drafting Newton I would like it to be in this senerio. Young goes to Minnesota. The Titans sign vetern QB's Donovan McNabb and Bruce Grakowski to compete for the starting job/ back up position.

Draft:
    Tennessee trades the #8 overall pick to Detriot for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2012.

Round 1(13th overall): Cam Newton QB Auburn
    Round 2(8th pick R2): Stephan Paea DT Oregon St
    Round 2 (13th pcik R2): Bruce Carter OLB UNC
    Round 3: John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
    Round 4: Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU

That's the start of a dynasty right there.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Yes but i'm not as keen on dareus. Last year i talked up 2 Texas players and really talked up a florida guy so this is not a Bama thing. Oh Jones does come from the same town my mom lives in, Foley alabama on the gulf coast. Maybe that is it.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

On this Bulluck thing. Bulluck was the 3rd best OLB that year, and we got him at 30. It also took him a couple of seasons to be a great LB. If it takes our 8th pick (LB) more than a month to get there, I'll be pissed. McRath is better at this stage of his career than Bulluck was, and McRath was taken waaay after some other LB's labeled as great prospects. Curry makes less tackles per game than McRath. Just something to think about.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Again, I don't think you can compare one player and assume his outcome will be like a previous player just because they played the same position or were drafted around the same time. You need to look at each player individually and ask if he "gets it." If you watched the Senior Bowl, you'll see that Von Miller does get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar