Who do we take at 8?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I love Miller. IMO, he was the best college football player that I watched all year. I'm not really sure why the perception is that he is speed pass rusher only, because every time I watched him, he was blowing up option plays and knocking down passes to tight ends/slot guys.

edit: He played a year at 4-3 OLB, a year at 4-3 DE, and a year at 3-4 OLB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So draft a decent to good defensive player over a stud WR? A 245 lb DE?

And fyi we do not throw the ball 15-20 times we throw it more like 29-30 times a game and we will have a new coaching staff. This year we had 474 pass attempts =29.6 attempts per game.

Besides with 2 stud Wrs we will likely throw a little more. We can keep our defense off the field by improving our 3rd down effectiveness.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if the Titans went for the best defensive player available in round 1, but I just have this feeling that the pick is going to be Gabbert.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

:banned: don't say that!

I guess if we do take a QB round 1, I'd be happy with Gabbert or Locker.. as long as it is not Cam or Mallett.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

How about a 245 OLB that made a ton of plays in college and can rush the passer, play the run, and is fast enough/moves well enough to cover TE's?

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The answer to the question is Von Miller. If you watched the Senior Bowl he was making plays in a 4-3. He's not just limited to a 3-4 and being a pass rusher. I have a feeling when the combine rolls around he's going to really increase his stock, so much so that he might not even be there at 8.

NO QB's at 8!

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Please tell me how Amukamara, Miller, and Quinn are decent to good players. They have just as much potential to be elite players in there positions as Jones has to be a stud WR.

Let me get this straight though. You want to take a 229 lb defensive end (who many have graded out as a 3rd to 4th round pick) in the second (in fact you at one point even said that we should consider him in the first) to play 4-3 weakside for our team but Von Miller (the number 1 rated linebacker in the draft this year) is a reach? I love the consistency there.

I forgot hyperbole doesn't translate well onto internet message boards. I wasn't saying we throw the ball 15-20 times as a fact but as a general statement to the make up of our team. We are a run first organization and no matter who we bring in to be our coach will likely have the same mentality.

By the way 474 passing attempts gets you ranked in the bottom five in the league; only Jacksonville and Chicago threw the ball less then us. It doesn't matter how many "stud" wideouts we bring in the chances of us completely '180'ing our R/P ratio are pretty slim. In fact I would go as far to say that as of now Mark Ingram would have a greater impact on our team as a spell back for CJ then Jones would.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Von Miller would be sweet. If we drafted him do you think he would replace McRath or Witherspoon?

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Does it matter? It depends on whether or not we resign ST really as McRath would then move inside to MLB were he played in college. If I had to guess though I would say McGrath would be bumped down on the depth chart.

10. Tull

Tull Starter

Miller would be OK we definitely need LB's bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar