Who could the Titans get in FA *wide receiver*

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But we could have gotten Forte, or Kevin Smith! Ah...hindsight.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

that's speculation...I wanted Desean and then I wanted to see who else was out there...I had no idea that we were phasing out our 2nd round bust, Chris Henry....Thats why I have a problem with MR. You use a precious draft pick on a POS and replace him with a first round draft pick. (I love CJ)...I just don't know what he was thinking with that Chris Henry pick.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I bet our big FA WR signing will be....Brandon Jones :ha: Seriously, I don't expect anything.

Addition by subtraction would at least help, and be easy.
    WR core - JMac + more BJ and LH + healthy Gage = surely better....surely right? :ha:

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It's hard for me to get onboard with Toomer. I do think he'd automatically be our #1 WR. But then he'd face every best CB week to week and with his age, I just think he'd be another old vet bust the Titans sign.

TJ would be insane.

In the awesome scenario where we WIN the superbowl, I'd be willing to focus cap on re-signing players, and trade all of next year's draft for Calvin Johnson if the Lions would be sucker enough to go for it. I hate to think of him rotting there anyway.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hoosyamomma and all the other UFAs will be on the market. There is too much money out there and I have serious doubts any of the top names don't want to be a part of a bidding war.

But there is the tag...

6. We aren't going to sign a top WR. I'd be OK if we just re-sign Brandon Jones at this point based on how the free agent market looks right now. Then draft a WR on day 1 maybe.

If anything, maybe we could trade for someone. Perhaps Chad Johnson will get traded. Or Boldin. But that would be expensive in both cap money and draft picks.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Bengals recently took a lot of receivers in the draft, by the time their good again TJ will be retired. I'm sure he will be on another team next year, Chad too probably. Only thing is they will probably have a high asking price.

Kevin Smith? Eh. I would have traded up for Slaton in the 3rd after taking Jackson in the 1st round.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I meant to mention Slaton. But Kevin Smith is as good or better than any of the above- even with ZERO blocking.

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

When Pittsburgh took Mendenhall, I was pretty bummed. I wonder if we still take CJ if Mendenhall was on the board

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

wth is up with Paul Williams ?

I mean seriously, he can't be much worse than McCareins ... can he ?
    is he healthy enough to suit up ? if he is throw him in there
    some guys have practiced poorly, only to get in game and succeed

not saying that'll happen with PW, but he either needs to start playing or he needs to be released

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar