Who are your surprise contributors for the Titans today?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I thought I'd ask everyone who you think will step up and make a difference in today's game. I guess some could be surprise and others could be obvious.

I think Leroy Harris will make a difference (hope it's a good difference). I believe he will help suppress the push up the middle, and I feel we're going to surprise the Ravens with our running effectiveness today.

LenDale White: everyone's talking about Chris Johnson. Sure, we need to get him in space, but I hope to goodness we put both RBs on the field at times this game. We need El-Dub to wear down this Ravens defense as soon as we can. If we can make them have to stop LenDale, get them frustrated from him getting positive yardage, we can break their discipline. I think this is the big surprise, no pun intended.

Nick Harper: Cortland, Chris, and Michael lead the team in INTs, so that likely means Harper gets picked on, and I think he'll make the Ravens pay for it at some point. Remember that steal from Derrick Mason on that sure TD for us when he was a Colt? Well, he still owes us for that one, I think, and today is a great day to pay it back.

What do you guys think?

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Alge Crumpler and David Thornton.

Crumpler has been incredible for us all season in the run game and has seen increased production in the passing game. I'm calling a huge game for him today in both phases.

Thornton is the most under-rated member of our defense, but is capable of big plays and I can see Fisher blitzing him today if the Ravens try and take Heap out of their pass protection packages.

:ravens:

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Jason Jones. I'm a bit concerned about KVB coming off his surgery. With Ball out, plugging Jones in will be a good thing.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree with all those. Jason Jones may have to play DE today, or Tony Brown may kick outside.

I think we'll send Scaife deep to draw Reed and Crumpler will eat a ton of catches underneath.

I just hope Thornton's hip is ready for this game. I've been somewhat concerned that at some point we may have Bulluck/Fowler/Tulloch on the field at some point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm thinking either Gage or/and Brandon Jones will be surprise contributors today. I would include JMac, but I have little confidence in him.
    I think we will run so much early on that Reed will start cheating up, and allow one of those two to get behind him and snag a big pass or two. While Reed knows how to bait, KFC knows how to look-off just as well. I see KFC doing to Reed, what he did to Polamalu with his TD pass to Gage in the Pittsburgh game, if Reed isn't careful.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I believe Mike Griffin is going to make a game changing play at some point today. So much has been made of Ed Reed, but I think it's our safety that turns the game. I also expect Ahmad Hall to have at least one big catch and run.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I think Harris will surprise people. He will do a great job much like Jones did against the Steelers.

I also think White and Gage on the offense will step up, I think both will get into the end zone today.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Ahmad Hall is going to be a big difference maker in this one

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

LaVelle Hawkins :wink2:

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I also think Lendale White is going to be that extra push we need to get into the endzone. No matter what defense we're playing, we'll get in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar