Whiz takes a dig at Hunter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

As much as i like Mett, he threw bad passes too. I wouldnt imagine the difference being TOO much between the 3 qbs

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't disagree with any of that, but when was Hunter ever open? Where was he in the red zone? When did he win a jump ball?

The book is out on him. Rough him up at the line and you neutralize his athleticism and he becomes a mediocre player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The way to take him out is to play off the line. Hunter wants you to engage in a foot race then run off up field, that's the game he plays. Hes quick, he can beat press coverage

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The thing about being so horrible last year and tanking and pulling people for minor injuries, it's almost impossible to know if some of our young guys really have any talent. Hunter had problems last year, but with Whitehurst and a patchwork OL made up of people off the street, who the hell really knows.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

He wasn't used nearly enough either though. But with a crap team all around, it's hard to say who's who. I have high hopes for Hunter but wont be surprised if he busts either. Jury is still out IMO.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

How could that be with the spectacular Zach Mettenberger throwing to him so much?

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

He was too busy helping Walker break records! Duh!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Its easy to do that years after a draft, we'll be doing it in two about this one as well. No one has a crystal ball.

Sucks is a bit harsh, our run blocking / play calling sucked more than Bishop in my eyes. But he underperformed nonetheless, don't get me wrong.

I won't lie, he does need to tough it up.

About draft WRs though, having two studs or No1s at that position can do wonders for you though. Fitz/Boldin and White/Julio were a huge part of why those two franchises has so much success at their peaks.

Well ARI is still ballin, but have you seen that D? Arians is the man! Best coach last year no doubt!

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Actually, that means nothing at all.

The Cardinals had Larry Fitzgerald and Boldin. Yet they were still drafting WRs.

Doucet, Breaston, Andre Roberts, Michael Floyd, etc...

Doubt it was because they thought their WRs were bad. Since they had the best WR group in the league - or close to it.

Welcome to the Whisenhunt era, pal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think you're spot on with that. I think we'll know for sure whether Hunter can do it by game 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar