Whiz on the Radio

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Maybe try actually reading next time. Where did I say they were "downgrades"? All I said is they are both old AF and Gore in particular has a ton of mileage on those tires. Skill position players can drop off in a hurry the more they get into their 30's and these guys aren't immune to that.

Never said they won't have an impact. But I think a lot of people are overestimating the impact two over-the-hill skill position players are going to have on that team.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Like I said though, if that ends up being the case then he is only sealing his fate. So oh well, won't miss him. I think he now realizes he has to bend and adapt if he wants to keep being a HC in this league. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

3. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Gore is washed up imo. I'm less scared of him than Donald Brown-- who always plays like a top 5 back against the Titans only.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just found out that Whiz is 3-25 over his last 28 games. How is this guy still a head coach? lol

If he sucks next year, I wonder if he gets canned? I'd assume we'd atleast give him 2 years with Mariota?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Webster and Whiz are both on a thread. I say they are both gone unless we have 6 wins.

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I live in Indy, so I hear a lot of Colts sports talk on the radio :puke:

No one was thrilled with Dorsett. Pretty much everyone was hoping for some DL or OL help with that pick. Instead they picked up a WR with no place on the team (for now at least).

The consensus is that he is pretty much a TY clone, and will have trouble getting many reps this year since the position is kind of crowded right now. Basically they making small upgrades to a part of the team that doesn't need an upgrade (passing game) and ignoring larger problems.

Also, Frank Gore is not who he once was. Dude is getting old and RBs don't last long in the NFL. AJ was basically phased out of the Texans offense last year, so that leads me to believe he is on the decline as well.

It seems the colts are building for a SB run this year or next year because they know they will have to pay Luck and can't afford anyone else. However, color me unimpressed by their old FA pickups.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

My top concern right now is depending on a 3rd round pick to start at RT. If we sign Barksdale (which would be great) we would then need him to beat out Levitre. I would love to have our top 3 picks, well 4 if we include Fowler at FB, as day 1 starters.

DL should be fine. Having everyone back healthy, Jones moving over to NT and a healthy Brown and addition of Orakpo should actually help their production. Issue here is, outside of Casey, everyone is just about the same imo as in easy replaceable.

CB depth is either going to be fine or absolutely kill us. One of the younger guys has to make strides this Summer and Fall in camp or we're toast if Cox or J-Mac goes gown.

Playoffs will all be on Mariota. If the playbook fits his style, he plays like he's hyped up to be, the run game gets going, and we did enough on defense then sure we could sneak in. However, that's alot and ifs and buts. I'll be thrilled with an 8-8 season but totally ready for 6-10.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I mocked Dorsett to them in the mock we all did because of TY Hilton, he's an intricate part of what they do, he is in the final year of his contract, he is going to want to be paid, Indy is tight against the cap as is and Andrew Luck is due a monster contract after next year. Personally I dont think Hilton is in their future..

Luck doesn't need a top O-Line, he does fine with the crap he has, he's mobile and shakes people off, but he needs weapons to throw to...

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I'm still slightly worried about DL. We really didn't have a ton of injuries on the DL, besides Pito who was banged up. We had the 31st ranked run D and only added a 4th rounder to help out? I'd be surprised if he even made the rotation. Hopefully LeBeau can work his magic here and get Casey to the next level. Adding Orakpo should help too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Agreed, my mention of injuries on the DL was towards Pito. I thought SLH might have had something too but could've been minor. We're really, really depending on Lebeau and a healthy Brown to improve basically the worst run defense. The Titans must have a lot of faith because we had plenty of opportunities to upgrade in this area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar