Whiz is consistent at getting the QB hit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Here are the stats from NFL.com...it only went back to 2009

Rankings with Whiz as the head coach
    2009 Cardinals 9th most QB hits allowed by the OL
    2010 Cardinals 6th most QB hits
    2011 Cardinals 6th most QB hits
    2012 Cardinals 4th most QB hits
    2014 Titans 10th most QB hits
    2015 Titans 4th most QB hits

So Whiz's teams have been top 10 in QB hits every year since 2009. Now maybe both the Cardinals and Titans have horrible OLs, horrible QBs and have suffered horrible injuries, but to me it really appears to be a scheme issue.

The 2011 Titans ranked 31st in QB hits allowed...2012 Titans 23rd and in 2013 16th...Whiz takes over and we go to 10th and now are 4th...Good job Whiz....the hits keep coming

I would love for someone to call into his radio show tomorrow night and ask him to explain how this has happened every yr.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Makes sense but this isnt a stat that's all on Whiz.

The system seems to call for a full 3 seconds, if our linemen can't even hold up for that long that's a GM issue... Pieces are missing..

I'd love to point out how bad Poutasi has been but to be fair he shouldn't have ever been asked to do the things he's having to do. And I know the Cardinals Whiz coached had GM struggles of their own....

Whiz sucks, he can't compensate for his teams holes like other coaches can.. I hate this whole team now, I hope you're happy Whiz and Webster, fans told you about this stuff and you let everyone down...

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If Mettenberger played every week this season, Whiz would have been 1st most by far for the year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar