Whitlock on Young: A must read

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The fact that Kuharsky raved about the article made me skeptical before I even read it. Kuharsky despises Vince.

I read the article and I don't agree with what Whitlock said. I know Vince on a personal level and what was insinuated in the article simply doesn't apply to Vince. He said it's not about racism, so why didn't he do a similar, in depth article about Matt Leinart and his breakdown? Why are there no articles about Leinart passed out from massive coke snorting and losing his job to a wiley old vet?

Also, using Kim Ethredge's comment about Terrell's money was a bad example. Those words never came out of Terrell's mouth, it was Kim, who was shortly terminated from her job as his assistant.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I quit reading after the first thought - would be like saying the Bengals were led to the playoffs by their defense 2 years ago.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Bulluck, Haynesworth, Hope, KVB, Finnegan, Harper, Tulloch, Griffin... they led the team to the playoffs... you what it's like man? It's like saying Dilfer led the Ravens to a Super Bowl 35.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

While the site was on hiatus yesterday, I started a thread about Whitlock at Jetinsider.

click

(Not sure if Jeff is cool with direct links to other forums... feel free to moof this post if it's not kosher.)

I love Whitlock. He's the only sports scribe who I make a point of checking out daily to see what he's penned. JW certainly has an agenda with his writing and TV appearances, and sometimes he'll wrap an issue around his own agenda. I honestly think that's the case with his take on Vince. I think some of his points are excellent and dead on, but others (even though I agree with them in principle) don't really apply to VY IMO.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

A little early for "I told you so" article. It's almost like he's summing up his career.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

According to a report in the City Paper (which got the info direct from the police reports under a Public Records Act request), it was not blown out of proportion.

Police Report Gives Further Details of Vince Young’s Mental State, Missing Hours

By: Clint Brewer

A police report filed after the Monday night search for Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young states Titans Coach Jeff Fisher told police the star player’s therapist said Young “mentioned suicide several times.”

more . . .

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I bet he's been reading this message board!

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titan should make a sports therapist a part of Young's weekly routine.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:hang:

I am not over-reacting. Anything positive we read is damage control. Dude has no grip on his mental facilities. C'mon, he's at the stadium going off talking about killing himself... runs off in a fit of rage with a hand gun? This is way too weird. Just imagine what is really going on if this is what we are hearing?

I feel like running off to the tomb and getting banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar