White to Focus on Conditioning this Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That he could have more than 2100+ yards, 22 TDs and 113 first downs if he had the stamina and conditioning to possibly bust a few more long carries? I've been somewhat neutral on White but I think he isn't close to the RB he could be if he applied himself to his conditioning.

Which is the reason some fear he'll go back to that once he gets his money.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I cannot stress this enough... HE HAD TWO EFFING FUMBLES ALL SEASON!!!! The last thing he needs to work on is carrying the ball, he scored 7.5 TDs last year for every one fumble!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I understand some of the criticism, I'm in the very positive about Lendale camp. I like his antics, attitude, and just that he's a heavy short-yard back.

Thing is, I just don't know that he would be a better running back by trying to transform his body. Certainly if he only loses weight, I think that could be a bad effect. How much speed would he really increase?

I don't have the answer, I'm just not sure I want LW to change much. Fat to muscle at the same weight I think would be good, probably would still wear people down as a heavy person.

If anything, I wish he'd get a few more carries and CJ a few less. It's not because I think LW is better than CJ, I don't. But I want CJ "FRESH" and ready bust homeruns all the time. And hopefully as a longer term Titan player, so less carries the longer he'll be effective for the Titans.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's not kid ourselves, he'll never come to camp looking like Eddie George. But being in shape for a professional athlete is expected and he's needed a full training camp, the preseason and a few regular season games to get "in shape". I can't imagine him being any slower by losing weight. Apparently, he feels he'll be better.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with first part of what you were saying. I wonder though, does that make him better near the latter part of the year? Does it pay off when the games start counting more? Does it in anyway keep him from getting injured?

Like I said, I don't have answers, just things I been wondering.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The reason changing his body would help, is because it'd match the way he runs- which should make him more effective.

Lendale is labeled as a 'bruiser' or a 'power' back. Why? Other than his size, he's never deserved either label. He doesn't power through tackles. He doesn't lower his shoulder and deliver punishment to the defender... he runs like he's LT's size. Actually...that's exactly the way he tries to run, but his size and the laws of science wont allow it.

He's very easy to tackle if a hand touches him. CJ actually runs with more power. Which is why I always laughed at him getting upset over Deangelo and Stewart using 'Smash and Dash'. Ok- lendal may have come up with it, but that's the only reason he's part of anything labeled 'BASH'. At least Stewart runs like he's Lendale's size.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LenDale running into you would be like a giant Marshmellow running into you. Sure it looks big, but it's soft.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

his head is probably noticeably thinner after it deflated 10 pounds from his horrible failure in the playoff game...lendale blows

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

so bottom line his LW is working on his conditioning, all I am expecting is jerrycurls and a daily mixed dozen at KK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar