White to Focus on Conditioning this Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I is S.L.O.W.L.Y improving. He is just a fat guy. I wonder how much better he would be if he would just lay off the red-eyed gravy.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hey, it's only taken four off-seasons and someone showing him up every sunday to realize being fat isn't a good thing.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Him arriving to camp 10 pounds less than the playoff game weight would be huge! During camp he will be able to work harder in the beginning of camp than he has been previously because he isn't carrying around what maybe 10 15 lbs lighter than his weight in the beginning of previous camps. He will then continue to trim down. 10 pounds makes more of a difference than it may read.

He's starting to get it.

4. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

damn all this lendale bashing and yall Titans fans?.....geesh

im glad lendale finally cares....i think he sees how close we really got and wants to win that big one

he need to work on carrying the ball though.....sometimes he looks pretty sloppy holding that ball......hence, fumbling

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

There's nothing wrong with a little good-natured bashing. Why the hell not? He's earned it... and so has Vince Young... and Pacman Jones... it's our job to bash when we see bad things... what are we supposed to do? Be all complacent when these guys suck it up while absorbing millions in cap money? We all have to vent it somewhere. I don't know about you but almost all of my friends don't follow this team as closely as I do. They don't care. I can't exactly walk down the street to my neighbor's house and crack open a icy cold Coors Light and "vent". So the truth of the matter is that player bashing is an indication of being a fan. Casual fans who watch every other Sunday or now and again don't care enough to bash. As for LenDale White... his fat *** better come into camp 10 pounds lighter or I'll bash him for being full of crap. Hopefully he will. But hey, if he is in even better shape and all of a sudden has the physique of Eddie George but hasn't lost a pound I'll be singing his praises.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm all for bashing a player, but I'm not for giving up on a player before it's time.
    Quite a few have given up on Vince already. Some have even given up on LenDale. I'm not ready to give up on either one of them quite yet.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Any player on the team who doesn't do everything they can in order for the Titans to win a Super Bowl is fair game for criticism. Sometimes that criticism isn't fair but White has earned the majority of what he receives, IMO.

Weight doesn't matter as much a conditioning does. When the offensive coordinator talks about White being finally "in shape" and it's October, then that points to a player who isn't doing as much as he can to help the team.

For all we know, he might not be nearly as effective at a lighter weight. But, apparently, he thinks he'll be better because now that there is a payday ahead, he's decided to take his conditioning seriously.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Lendale white just turned 24 in December and he already has 2100+ yards and 22 TDs and 113 first downs. I'm not sure what we can complain about.

If he does come to camp lighter and better it is to the benefit our team because we may need him more next year if CJ gets hurt. I see that as a positive thing not a negative thing though i'm sure some knot heads will turn it into a negative by complaining he wasn't that good before.

AH was also chastised as a fat lazy player.

The bottom line is that this will be lendale's last year here. No way we can pay him starting back pay when he is mainly a backup.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or he ran out of Golden Coral coupons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar