White to Focus on Conditioning this Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LenDale White has already started his offseason conditioning program. For the first time in his NFL career, White how vowed he won't allow himself to gain weight in the months following the end of the season. Instead, he's running hills, trying to get quicker and having a personal chef prepare his meals. "He's been forced to believe he needed to be a big bruiser, so his weight wasn't a focus for him in the past in terms of monitoring it," Trainer Herman White said. "The pounding he was going to take he was going to need the size. But he has changed his thought process on that … and he wants to be able to do more than run in between the tackles. And if you see him he looks noticeably thinner" White plans on arrive to Titans team workouts next month down 10 pounds from where he was at the end of the season.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

"Contract diet".

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

10 pounds is nothing, but I guess its more complecated than it looks? Turn fat to muscle? Or just loose 10 pounds?

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Thinner? Huh? Lendale need to stop.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

LenDale could trim himself down to 13% body fat and still theoretically not lose any weight.
    Muscle weighs more than fat. So he could still lose all of his fat and not really lose any weight. In fact he could possibly gain some.

6. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Agreed, the endzone shuffle he does would not be the same without a little gut sticking out.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Bla bla bla, he says this every year. Every year he's shows up at camp a fat slob.

8. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

IF he does show up at TC this year a fat slob again, then Fish needs to Mike Williams his ***. Either that, or let him walk at the end of the season when he becomes an FA.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You know, after the Raven's game I found myself bashing Lendale on this board. I regret that, because the dude has done nothing but get better and better since he got here. Year one- mediocre at best. Year two- clipses 1000 yards. Year three- shares carries and scores 15 TD's. If he does make the commitment this article suggests, then we'll be golden. Losing 10 pounds of FAT is a big deal, and if he comes in at a harder, quicker 235 then he's going to be a bruising dude.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

At least he's saying the right thing for once. If he can back it up when we get to mini camps and training camp, then I'll be impressed. If he wants another contract, he needs to keep getting better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar