White Seeing Success Despite Odds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

A fast forty does not entail greatness--unless it's attached to someone with a proven record (a la Adrian Pederson). It should be used to bump someone's PROVEN stock up or down a bit. It's like saying Jamarcus Russell's going to be a great qb because he can throw the ball 80 yds.

I'm not saying there's not a chance that he could be a star rb. We all hope any of these guys will be--as much as I dislike Chris Brown, if he becomes a 1,400 yd rusher for 3 or 4 years, I'll turn into his biggest fan. I just don't see it.

But in terms of accomplishment, LenDale at least set a record at USC; Chris Henry couldn't crack the first team at Arizona until his senior year. There's just something about that that's off: LenDale earned his stock by past performance running the football in games, Chris Henry earned his by running forty yards. But I personally just don't get a great long-term vibe from either of them.

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

I do not care at all what time someone runs at the combine. Henry has shown good burst and breakaway speed on the field. Very promising.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The same o-line that he ran behind when carrying for a clip of 3 yds per carry? It was his fault when he the yards were not being gained, and now that he is gaining yards, it's b/c of the o-line and he is only doing ok.....:rolleyes:

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Are you even aware of what the situation in Arizona was?

5. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Did he leave because he had competition? I think the competition at USC was a bit more extensive.

I'm not defending LenDale. He doesn't look like a franchise back, but neither does a rb from Arizona who rushed for a career high 581 yds in a season and then left because of competition (and because he knew he had all the NFL measurables).

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Here are some posts from another forum that people said about Henry and his Arizona situation.

Turns out it was the foolish coach

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

i don't have anything at all against Henry--seems like a cool guy, but despite what happened, it doesn't give him a football resume. His reputation is based on the combine.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Wow...it's like Lendale is playing the classic role of the tortoise in Aesop's fable.

9. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Exactly. Except it doesn't really seem like either is going to actually reach the finish line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar