White Seeing Success Despite Odds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: For the first time in his young career, LenDale White has produced back-to-back 100-yard games rushing. He's showing success despite teams stacking their defense to stop the run. Titans coach Jeff Fisher feels White is beginning to play like they felt he would when he was drafted in 2006. "[White] had a good preseason and he’s been running very effectively for us," said Fisher. "Last week was kind of an exclamation point for the offense. We just line up, and they say, ‘You can’t run it,” and we said, “We can,” and we did. And now, you’re only as good as the next week. So we have to try to reestablish that again." Fisher also credited an experienced offensive line for much of the success of the running game.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Lets keep soaking in Chris Henry as well he is the quickest one of the bunch!We know lendale can ponded it but Henry can take it all the way. Not knocking C. Brown off but that is his nature get hurt.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

LenDale haters have been quiet as of late

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Lendale as a feature back still scares me, but I would love it if he developed into a Bettis. If the Titans can make Chris Henry (or Michael Turner) into a Willie Parker, the team can have a dominant run attack for years.

I don't normally like the idea of RB committees, but I think the Titans can really do it right.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's the way we roll. ;)

Though I am a bit surprised we haven't had anyone come in with "think he is running well? Imagine if he was in shape."

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Hey guys, Lendale has been running well. Imagine if he was in shape! :)):moon2:

7. DJB

DJB Starter

I'm still waiting for the "The Titans must have put donuts at the opposite end of the field for Lendale to run to the past two games" jokes.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

like i said after the game, you should average more than 3.3 YPC against the 29th ranked run d in the league. well, you should average more than 3.3 YPC most of the time.... baby steps!

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yep, he sure is a round 240 lbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar