White Hopes to be Ready for June Minicamp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO Brown will still be the main back this year with White getting the short yardage and goaline work. Henry will back them both up. If White really shines he will take more carries away from the other two but I think we will see alot of situational work. Brown is still our best 3rd down back. He is really good at draws and runs well after catching the ball out of the backfield, he also is a real good pass blocker. Nash, Payton and the rookie will compete for a roster position and the one we keep will be deactive each game until we have an injury. One could make the practice squad. I have a feeling Nash has an edge right now for the last spot.

2. smili

smili Starter

anybody remember Pete Johnson for the Bengals back in the 80s? He was a Moose and I think his playing weight was around 250-260 or so. I can't recall many RB that played that heavy though.

While Brown is hurt alot, he is also very good when he's healthy. To me he's too valuable to let go at this point. Plus, he's a different kind of runner than Lindale. In my view Nash should go unless he starts to show something. If it doesn't make sense to keep Brown/Henry/Lindale I'd prefer we release Henry given the 1 yr suspension looming, and that Lindale would probably be used in similar situations as Henry. If it comes down to Payton/Nash I'd rather keep Payton, but they both might have to go. Payton can't go back to the practice squad like he did last year.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

We cannot forget, we need to free up some big salary cap room as well.

Does Henry still have a possible suspension? I thought he was done with that.

4. Jerome Bettis played at around 255. That's the type of back that I would love to see LenDale develop into (even if he doesn't play quite that heavy).

5. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

can you say running back by committee? I know one team that I don't want to use for fantasy football RBs this year. :suspect:

6. I was breifly explaining the reasons why they shouldn't be cut.

If I leave out the other rookie, IMO, I think we can have 4 RB's on the roster, preferebly, Brown, White, Henry and Payton. Flemming of course

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think White will be our best RB..right now it is Brown. But when White returns to 100% he'll be running cats over left and right..

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Nash is an unknown. I would love to know what they saw in the guy. It's beginning to look like a waste.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE CHRIS BROWN! I just see us losing some players. I would love to have Henry & Brown & White & Payton & Flemming... Just don't see it...

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I think Gregg Guenther should watch out, too. They may cut him to make room for an extra running back. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar