White Happy and Excited to Be a Titan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LenDale White admits he'll play with a chip on his shoulder for other teams passing on him. "Right now I’m working with a 31-team chip on my shoulder," said White. "Every team that has passed me up, every team that didn’t give me a shot, I’m coming for them. I’m gunning. I’m going to do everything to get healthy, get in shape and I can’t wait to start playing football." White feels his relationship with Titans OC Norm Chow was the reason the Titans took him with the 45th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft. "Coach Chow has been there with me for a few years now," said White. "He recruited me and went through the process with me. He knows me real well. I ran the ball for him for a couple of years. He knows me better than a lot of coaches. I love Coach Fisher and I love Coach Chow and I’m so excited. I’m at a loss for words I’m so happy."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Its real nice to see someone who sounds motivated to work hard and show off on the field

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I heard White on Sirius this afternoon. He was very clear about his motivation and drive to use a "stiff-arm" to prove some people wrong. He got a little choked up about Fisher and Chow.

This guy is on board and focused. I believe he is gonna be a solid power runner. (and won't forget Indy passed on him:brow: )

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

can't get over comment of the year with "I'm a wonderful person".

5. Riverman

I also liked the way he responded when ESPN kept pumping about why he slid so far. "Hey, I don't care to talk about that- I thankful I'm a Tennessee Titan. The Lord put me there for a reason."

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

because he is a wonderful person. :ha:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm a wonderful person and, doggonnit, people like me.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Hey I like him. He sounds hungry. He's probably real real pissed 31 other teams ****ted on him like that by passing him so much. Some players might be frustrated or bitter about getting dogged like that, but he said "I just wanna go and start working out tommorow". Good attitude.

9. Riverman

I agree. I like that he'll see one of the teams that drafted RB over him (Indy) twice a year.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I loved the interview with that woman on ESPN.

"I can't hear you. I'm gonna let you go now. I just wanna play football."

That was the greatest draft interview ever. Afterwards ESPN showed White and Bush's stats. They ran for the same number of yards and White had more than twice as many touchdowns. And if yall need convincing, go back and watch the Rose Bowl. The two guys that stood out the most in that game.......Vince Young and LenDale White.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar