White Comments on Newest Titans RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans RB Lendale White was present at yesterday's OTA session but limited due to recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery. White said he's been "rehabbing like crazy'" and the decision to hold him back during minicamp practices was made more for precautionary reasons. He also said he was 5 to 10 pounds from his weight goal. White also seemed excited for what first-round pick Chris Johnson brings to the Titans backfield. "It gives us a one-two punch," White said. "After I bang 'em up for so long, you get him in there and he can run by them. At USC, Reggie ran by them and I ran through them. It was a good one-two combination because you had defenses having to prepare for two different style backs. It was like that with me and Reggie and it can be like that with me and Chris — I feel like with me and him in the backfield, we can get it done."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Glad he's being positive. If only he can keep himself in shape and be ready to start this season, I'd get a lot more confidence in him.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

His numbers could actually shoot up because he'll have a lot more room to run.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah he won't have to squeeze through the holes this year.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

that's really true about what he said. It's going to be like a Reggie Bush/Lendale White USC sort of deal....only Chris Johnson is faster than Reggie.

6. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

i am very proud of lendale, because he has realized where he has went wrong, and he is working hard, and oh i am out of breathe i am so excited for our team! keep your faith and don't loose it, because you guys are in for so many exciting things this year that we leave you BREATHLESS AND TALKING ABOUT IT FOR YEARS TO COME! heck, i will be the ring leader in all the fun! heeheheee! vince is my number one favorate titan, and its taking me a little bit, but lendale is my second favorate titan! i love everything about him, especially his swagger! if you listen to him talk, he is very smart! LENDALE, I LOVE YOU! PROVE THE HATERS WRONG BABY!

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Is this the end of Chris Henry?! YEAH!!

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Just remember that Lendale didn't do much his rookie year either. His rookie numbers were comparable to Henry's (except fewer TDs).

It is way too early to put a fork in Henry, but he will have to show something to get many carries if Lendale and CJ play well.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

his numbers were comparable, but they were different years.

Travis henry tore it up LW's rookie year, so he didn't get many carries. If C.Henry was good, he would've seen a lot more snaps.

10. Henry will still have his chances...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar