White Christmas in Nashville

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chapparal97, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Since it's supposed to start snowing Christmas Eve here in Nashville, what's the over/under on how much we get?

Current projection (the line) from the weather gurus says 2.5 inches but that will probably change.

I'm going to say 3" by the end of Sunday. Any other guesses?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Is Nashville set up to handle snow? I have family a few hours south of Nashville and when it snows an inch, their town shuts down.. Up here in Connecticut we're used to having school with a foot plus just because it's so normal to snow. Just wondering how you guys handle the snow.

3. Chapparal97

Not very well......we do pretty much shut down. We have some equipment and services for snow but nothing compared to the Northern cities. The snow usually melts within a day or two. The subdivision where I live is hilly and we don't get plowed, so when the snow turns to ice we sometimes get stuck for a few days even though it's not snowing.

If your relatives are joining you for Christmas, tell them to leave earlier.

Positive is it's a weekend, Negative is it's a holiday weekend.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Right now it's snowing all around these parts, but just flurries where I am. Weather man says we won't see much accumulation til Sunday. I was hoping for a white Christmas, but looks like it'll be off by 1 day.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Since they're calling for it...

we'll probably get nothing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Ya, in our part of the country, it blindsides us, but is there a reasonable alternative? Either they spend millions and millions on ice equipment that may not be used for an entire year, or they're unprepared. That's my reasoning as to why we are screwed in the ice, at least. (I'm a few hours north of Nashville)

7. Chapparal97

Ice sucks! Snow is good, we can live with that.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

2nd year in a row, it's gonna be a white Christmas in Denmark, for the first time in "Weather history". Besides last year, the latest "all-white" Christmas was in 1995.

I love it :clown:

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'll say about 1 inch if anything.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

It was nice to see the ground covered and the roads just wet and no ice!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar