White Apologizes to Nickey for Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rookie RB LenDale White was forced to sit out Saturday night's preseason opener against the Saints because on an incident last Thursday where he spit at S Donnie Nickey. White hadn't apologized to Nickey for his actions but appeared to show much more remorse yesterday. "As far as spitting, that was the 100 percent wrong thing to do," said White. "But as far as going after him and pushing him, I felt that is what I needed to do. My emotions just got the best of me. There was a lot of things that worked into the situation. But I know that what I did was the wrong thing. He is my teammate … and I apologized and everything is fine. From here on out we're going to go out and win a lot of football games."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he brought him a peace burger, but ate it himself.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

He did what he should have and showed some class and he needed to. It was handled well by Fisher and hopefully it's behind him with his team mates. Now lets get him on the field in Denver and see what he's got.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Yes it is.

6. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

I'd give him more credit if he'd made the apology the first time he gave a statement to the media after Saturday's game.

It lacks some sincerity. (I also really doubt that White "loves Nickey to death" or vice versa. It's not like they've been teammates for years.)

That said, better late than never, and I am looking forward to seeing White on the field.

But I think he still has some maturing to do before he really gets it.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

chances are one will be on the team and the other won't.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I think both will be on the team.

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

As far as this article, Lendale says "as far as" alot.

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Agreed. The whole thing sounded very rehearsed and insincere, but at least he said something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar