White and Vickerson Traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikeplaya617

Nikeplaya617 TitanNation

thats good that we're gonna give javon ringer a chance. but i liked vickerson. and we really got nothing in return. salary dump maybe? in a non-cap year? i dunno. that was random. but i trust jeff fisher.

2. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Only 4 picks until our next slot, and both Dixon and Dwyer still there.....

3. iQon

iQon Starter

I don't like losing Vickerson. Nor the fact we tendered Lendale for a 2nd, got a 4th and 6th...... and got a guy whose scouting report reads out like Nick Harper.

If this UCLA kid really needs safety help and lacks speed to catch up when he gets burned, then we're right behind the Tebow trade for this one. Fisher giving up gifts to his friend is unacceptable.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Once again, terrible draft management by this staff.

Looks like Reinfeld is still working for Seattle.

5. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I don't like this trade at all. When I said, "Trade LenDale for a used football", I was just kidding. Looking at this trade, we didn't get the football! And we threw in Vickerson. I think the FO was trying to get rid of LenDale and this was their way of doing it.
    This CB we got from the draft pick, he would've been there at our scheduled pick.
    Reading about him, he's not rated real high and one of the sports guys said, "Who knows, he might help out a little bit".
    I don't like this pick at all.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

LenDale was always a personal fave, this was based more on who he was as a person than what he brought to the table as a player. Len always struck me as a refreshingly unique character and a decent locker room guy. While not the most gifted of players, I always thought White busted his balls on the field when given the opportunity. I always find it difficult hating on a guy for shortcomings in his game when brings his best (such as it was) whenever called upon.

I was against trading White for the above reason as well as what's now readily apparent... the dude had no real trade value. He's a marginally talented guy, at a position that currently doesn't seem to hold much value in the league, signed to a one year tender. With guys like Marshawn Lynch out there to be had for seemingly nothing, and the glut of backs they have in Washington (one would think Portis might get the axe), I'm surprised the Titans found any takers at all.

So I can't complain about the compensation the Titans received for White, I'm just not certain they wouldn't have had more value in just keeping him. The idea the team was freeing up money to have the ability to make another move should the opportunity arise is interesting, but perhaps it's just wishful thinking. More likely that Len’s act had worn thin on Fish and with a young replacement in Ringer waiting in the wings, White was going to be gone one way or another.

The inclusion of Vickerson is interesting, but for the pittance they gained in trading him, it's pretty clear how little he was valued by the club (I'm sure they could have come up with a similar deal to rid themselves of White without including Vickerson if the club felt he represented any real value to them going forward). The fact that the front office, Fish and Washburn were quite evidently willing to let him go for next to nothing after having an ample sampling of his game speaks volumes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Horrible Trade. We trade LenWhale and Vickerson our 4th and 6th for a 4th and 6th. Then the guys we draft aren't even worth moving up for. What was the point? Maybe if we didn't trade our 4th also I'd like this. Not a big fan of this trade.

8. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Here here on the Vickerson comments. Does anyone really think they would have traded him if Wash wasn't on board?

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If Market value for Lendale was 7 spots in the 4th round, we NEVER should have traded him. He was more valuable to us as our primary backup running back then for 7 freakin spots in the 4th round.

I understand why many of you are brainwashed into thinking that's a good value trade. It's because we SUCK at trading. We never get good value when we trade away players, and we almost always ruin some value the season prior to trading someone instead of building the value.

10. eds clothing

eds clothing Camp Fodder

How does 6-10 sound. This was not a good trade to be honest I don't think we did anything to upgrade our Team. Look forward to another disappointing year.:grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar