White and Vickerson Traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The trade sucked balls, guys.

We should have been able to get more than just a 4th and 6th for those guys.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Is it really that hard to explain? The FO wanted Lendale gone. They liked Verner. They found a way to accomplish both goals.

Calling the FO incompetent for this move just shows how little most of the people around here know about football. Oh no! Some website had a higher grade for a different CB! That website must be right and the Titans must be idiots!

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We are incapable of getting value for players we trade away.

I'm fine that we wanted LW gone, to act like all his worth was moving up 7 spots in the 4th round is moronic.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Another thing to consider here is the rumor that Lendale was a bad influence on Chris Johnson. If Lendale was in his ear, telling him to hold out or crap like that, then he had to go.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

well, we managed to save a ton of money, get rid of two rotational bench players who wouldn't sign their tenders and moved up in two rounds. So even though we may have not gotten the value we think LW garnered, we got rid of the headache. Hopefully we can grab someone like Dwyer or Dixon or Blount who is everything LW wasn't....a battering ram!!

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The trade is as eff'd up as Reinfeldt's nose.

Alterraun Verner death of a franchise.:biglaugh:

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I think you're incompetent about football if you think it was a good trade.

Regardless of if they wanted to get rid of Lendale, there were ways they could have got something a tad bit better than what they got for him. We are not the only people thinking this was a dumb move. Go to NFL.com and see who else thinks this is a dumb move.

I've never been the one to complain about anything, but quite frankly if the FO couldn't get a better deal out of this, then i don't know what to say. Moving up a few spots in the 4th and 6th is not what i had in mind for White and Vickerson.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True, but now there's a lot of pressure on Ringer to step up. Especially with all this talk about cutting back on CJ's carries next year. I don't see how you make this move when your only other RB is a second year guy who only had 8 carries in his rookie year. I would feel a lot better if we had a little more experience in our backfield behind CJ. If Ringer turns out to be a dud and CJ goes down we're screwed.

9. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

Clearly a case of getting a little something (higher pick in two rounds) vs. getting nothing. There is little doubt that the players going to the Seahawks were not going to be on the Titans roster by the end of camp. Sure, we all wish they brought more back in trade, but can there be little doubt that the Titans have been trying to move White for some time now? Moving up today is better than releasing the players later.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Apparently not the guy has been on the trading block for a month or more. I'm sure they wanted to get a third and found no takers and then a 4th and again none. They took what they could get for a player who will be unrestricted next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar