White and Vickerson Traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vy102000

vy102000 Camp Fodder

For some reason I think the Titans are going to draft Blount..

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Can anyone explain the trade with Seattle ?

Ironically, Seattle used the 111th pick to draft CB Walter Thurmond, who NFL.com and NflDraftCountdown (and probably others) had a higher grade on.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Yeah it's simple: Our FO has no idea how to run a proper draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not that we wanted to dump Lendale it's that we knew he only had one more year here.

We traded 2 guys who will be unrestricted next year. We traded 2 guys who do not start.

I like the pick in rd 4, Verner because he is ideally suited to playing in a cover 2. A CB with 71 tackles is rare and they have lots of film of him against quality WRs.

5. savage99ss

savage99ss Starter

I will miss lendale......we def gave him and vickerson away....

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Or maybe Seattle was going to draft Verner and our FO really liked what they saw in him and wanted him.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

LW=early 4th rd pick
    KV=early 6th rd pick

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

addition by subtraction here

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. savage99ss

savage99ss Starter

I wish could high five you.

10. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

You guys are looking at this all wrong. We moved up in the draft in the 4th and 6th. To move up in the 4th it probably would have cost us our 5th. To move up in the 6th it would have cost us a 7th. We basically got a 5th and a 7th for White and Vickerson.

It was absolutely not a salary dump. Remember these guys were tendered. If we didn't want to pay them we would have never tendered them. This was the front office working out a deal that was beneficial to both teams. Had this been a capped year I don't think the Titans would have been able to pull this trade off.

Now as far as the player goes...? I don't watch Pac-10 that much even though I live right next to Stanford and 20 minutes from Cal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar