White and Vickerson Traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

So what we exchanged 4ths? That's stupid if thats the case.

Then we draft Alterraun Verner? Who!!! Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Perrish Cox, and Dominique Franks were still available! Oh well.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'm really not liking this at all.. MR has to go.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Agreed, we didn't get a 4th, we swapped 4th's. This makes no sense.

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans get little for White, Vickerson

[​IMG]The Seattle Seahawks just got a running back who has had a 15-touchdown season and a big defensive tackle who can be part of a rotation.

[​IMG]

Vickerson
    [​IMG]

White
    And the Titans gave them LenDale White and Kevin Vickerson for very little.

The Titans moved up from 111th in the fourth round to 104th and also swapped sixth-rounders, moving up to 176th from 185th in the sixth round.

They spent 104 on UCLA cornerback Alterraun Verner.

So they gained seven spots in the fourth, nine spots in the sixth in exchange for two veterans.

That doesn’t amount to enough for me, even as White and Vickerson are only under contract for one more year after signing RFA tenders. Both are represented by Drew Rosenhaus.

But I guess you take what you can get.

I know a lot of people weren’t fans of White, and he could be a difficult guy to get a read on. I always thought of him as Anakin Skywalker -- I could see the good in him.

But after playing the role of a good soldier last year, odds are he was going to head for the dark side in another year with very limited touches playing behind Chris Johnson.

I didn’t think he had much trade value, and the Titans certainly didn’t get much out of dealing him. They are thinking addition by subtraction.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah we basically gave up two players in return for moving up 7 spots in the 4th round...

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well maybe Fisher owed his USC buddy Carroll a favour...

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

And we needed to honestly trade up to get Verner here? I don't know what to say about this.. I'm sure we could have got just a tad more out of this deal.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Well Titan fans, you honestly got what you wished for.

Don't change your mind, because isn't this what 9/10 of you fans wanted?

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Lendale was traded for almost nothing (just a swap of 4th and 6th round picks). Almost like just cutting him. The coaching staff must be done with him.

CB Alterraun Verner better turn out to be way better than CB Walter Thurmond (who the Seahawks took in the Titans' old spot).

10. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

All you guys do is overreact.

They wanted to get rid of Lendale. They probably wanted to get rid of Vickerson. This is probably as much value as you could ask for with a dude with a year left on his contract and a backup DT.

I'm happy. We got a Corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar