White and Vickerson Traded to Seattle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

No, I do not think LW could carry the team the way CJ did.

But he's proven he can handle a full load of carries as the starting back, and that he will get in near the endzone.

I want to believe in Ringer, but LW was a pretty sure thing as far as backups go.

My original feeling was that I never want to see CJ get that many carries in a season ever again. However, upon reflection, I realize we will never pay CJ to stay a Titan, so we might as well run him into the ground.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

We could field UDFA RB's, and equal White's production. Who cares if he can take on 300 plus carries if he's below average? The only impressive thing he ever did was vulture CJ's TD's.

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I don't care about the compensation we got I'm glad LW is gone.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Your business sense is uncanny .

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

He's not below average. He's an above average back in the NFL that's proven he can carry 300 times in a season and can get the ball in the endzone.

IF Leon Washington returns to near his same level after injury, I like the combo of L.Washington/L.White. That could be a good duo where LW gets 200 carries a season.

Regardless, we haven't lost much. A small edge in goalline carries and good insurance. It's just we should be able to sell our players better. I'd rather have a 2012 5th rounder than move up 7 spots. It's just ridiculously low for 2 players.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ignoring injuries - Titans obviously had zero future plans for either Fat Boy or Vickerson, so moving up half a dozen slots to get a guy they wanted is at least something for a couple of guys that were not going to make the final 53 - ignoring injuries

7. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

I think all this complaining about LW having been traded so cheap, just proves that many Lendale haters had a better opinion of the chunky man than they are willing to admit.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Simply being durable enough to carry the ball 300+ times in a season does not make you above average.

9. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i mean... im not mad, but its no suprise that the titans got seemingly absolute minimum value out of a player that had a 1000 yard rookie season, and 15 TDs the next... basically we gave away 2 capable players in return for nothing.

oh well, seems like a dream situation for lendale and im happy for him

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Funny you say that, lately it seems we get played every draft. Either getting too little, or giving too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar