Whisenhunt's record when start QB isn't named Warner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Pete Carroll is a perfect example. He was borderline average before Russell Wilson.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It's almost like having a good qb is key to being good in the NFL or something.

Who would have thought

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's coached way more games without Warner than that. He was 2-14 this year alone.

Warner left after 2009. Not sure how many games he missed when he was there (obviously the one against us), but Whiz's record without Warner as the starter is somewhere around 15-45.

Cards 2010: 5-11
    Cards 2011: 8-8
    Cards 2012: 5-11
    Titans 2014: 2-14

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Regardless, our GM put us on the right track selecting him as our HC.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Titans have never been about the QB. Even with McNair we were reluctant to let the offense go thru the QB. I have zero issues with us trying something different. Give Whiz a chance to get himself a QB, then we can talk about Webster being good or bad, they've been together too short a time period to start over again this soon.

6. Riverman

I don't have a problem with whiz - yet. We are in the personnel mess we are in because of Webster. My point was if those griping about Whiz shouldnt be giving Webster a pass

• Boring Boring x 1
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

If whiz hasn't learned from the past and continues his attempt at late round/mid level qbs, he'll be fired soon. I think he can be successful here but he must have at least a top 15 qb. This is why we must take a qb early this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

TBH we truly dont know if we do or don't have the personnel to be any good with Whisenhunt, too many starters suffered season ending injuries in 2014. No GM is going to be able to stock the shelves with 53 NFL starters, we even burned thru our depth.

Im sorry but I cant be critical of a GM who was victim of a dozen injuries, thats half the starting roster we lost. In some cases we were seeing our 5th and 6th string players, NOBODY in the NFL can win in that scenario.

But I am glad some fans believe both our GM and HC should be on the hot seat, those guys need to feel the pressure because my patience is coming to its end. If 2015 isn't a winning season dump them both. The bar has been set at 9 wins, if thats too far out there then they really are bad at their jobs.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree, and the scary thing is.....They likely will not make 6-7 wins next year, even with added pieces.

10. Riverman

Really? We sucked before our starters went down. And Webster has had his hand influencing personnel for the past 5 years.

I'm shocked you can't be honest about our lack of quality FA acquisitions, our "hit rate" with our early round draftees etc.

Sounds like Webster is your new Jake Locker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar