Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Whisenhunt says he doesn’t need to bring in his own quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 25, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 14 users.
  1. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,363
    I don't believe what anyone says this close to draft time, especially the head coach.

"to be honest I haven't really thought of it that way"

Whitehurst is his own guy and every new head coach thinks that way. That's why you see so many teams with new HCs take "their own guy".
    JR1980 high fives this.
  2. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,231
    Exactly....Everyone is on the Barr train, but I don't think it's happening, and to be honest, I hope it doesn't. That is coming from someone that prefers Defesne first as well. If we go Defense, we don't need a project. I want an instant impact guy, at a position of need. If that's the case, they should trade down because it would be worth it.
    Ensconatus high fives this.
  3. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $673
    "We like Fitz...."

Chances are our #2 will be our #1 at some point this season. As much as they like Jake personally, they know they have to do what's best for the team. Jake shouldn't be immune to competition.

Currently, he's not healthy enough to practice, Whitehurst is the #2, and we've been spending time with several QB's in this draft class. My money is on us taking one by the 2nd round.
    Alzarius and JR1980 high five this.
  4. JR1980 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,231
    Thank you my friend, well said
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,653
    / thuh / tenθ /pɪk /
  5. Ten_Titans Starter

Moolah:
    $6,719
    Sorry man I don't speak gibberish.

Translation?
  6. xhrr Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,941
    No the worst thing that could happen is Jake blows or gets hurt but we end up eeking out 7-8-9 wins and pick in the 12-16 range outside of when all the elite passers get selected.
  7. Ensconatus Namaste

Brown
    Moolah:
    $24,505
    Hundley.... No no no.
  8. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,975
    Worst case scenario is we take a QB at 11 but give Jake the start. Jake gets hurt/sucks weeks 3-5 so we give the rookie the reins and he not only sucks but it's clear he's not the answer.Now we've really wasted a 1st round pick and have no QB to show for it which in turn forces us to potentially reach for a bad QB in next year's draft too.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,653
    If the draft room thinks there's a 'can't miss' QB candidate for this team - you gotta take him regardless of RBs and holes on defense. Having a bad season doesn't mean you'll get an opp to draft Brees or Manning next year...
    JR1980 high fives this.