Whisenhunt says he doesn’t need to bring in his own quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

there is certainly no crime in bringing in a rookie AND letting Locker have his shot. If we lose Locker to injury, or he flames out.. we're headed straight to 4-12.

Seeing that it is a given that Locker will miss some time this season.. there's no reason not to take someone SOMEWHERE in the draft.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Actually the worst that could happen is Locker gets hurt/flops, and whatever QB we could have taken at 11 turns into a legit elite franchise QB. And we get to watch him tear it up for the next decade in another uniform while we're still sitting here wondering when our time will come.

Of course it's all a crapshoot. But in order to win you have to play.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This was my first thought as well. You can't take anything as gospel this close to the draft.

I don't think lack of weapons has ever been Jake's problem. Again, it's that whole dang staying healthy thing.

Hadn't thought of that but that's a good point.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The biggest issue if Jake does well and stays healthy in 2014...

Do you sign him to a long-term contract?

I would not. He's given us too much cause for concern with his health. If he miraculously stays healthy this season, chances are he will revert to a half season QB.

Therefore, I still think it makes the most sense to take one this year to be ready to go if and when Jake goes down and when he becomes a FA.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

If he does well this year, I would have no issue offering him a deal worth money equal to the low end of what starting QBs are worth. I'd give myself an out in the deal.

I generally believe injuries are flukey and that Locker isn't injury prone, he just has bad luck. Matthew Stafford's first few seasons were filled with injuries but he has been fine since then.

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Your lucky to get 1-2 decent QB in a draft class, 2-3 could possibly be drafted before us. What are the chances whoever we take becomes a stud. Like you said it's a crap shoot. However, a great defense and run game has won the Superbowl.

7. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

clipboard Jesus? He's not even as good as Fitz IMO

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Either get a play maker on offense that will benefit Locker or stud on defense first pick. Second pick should be the other option from the first pick.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

tag him, see if he can do it again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah...and a bear doesn't crap in the woods.....riiiiiight....I am not buying that at all. I have a hard time beliving that he is putting all of his faith in Whitehurst, and he clearly has Jake on the hot seat..If a QB that they like is there early, don't be surprised if you see one picked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar