Whisenhunt Rips Wide Receivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That doesn't really qualify as ripping them in my books. Sounds more like he's just saying he expects better. I see nothing wrong with that. However I don't get the apparent singling out of the receiver group. Yes they seemed to struggle getting open at times but whenever they did Jake couldn't put the ball within 5 feet of them.

If I'm gonna call out one player or one group after last week's loss it sure as hell isn't Justin Hunter and the receivers. Maybe he's just being purposefully tough on Hunter because he believes that it's the best way to bring out the best in him. But like TJ said, it kinda comes off like he's coddling Jake and making excuses for him. Doesn't make sense to me to call out your 2nd year WR for a missed catch when your 4th year QB looked like a damn undrafted rookie for half the game.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Hunter got manhandled. He was out-physicaled in KC too, fortunately he got loose a couple of times. Dude needs to grow a pair.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Everyone's open to criticism, not one Titans player played well last week. And in this case Hunter deserves being called out, he dropped the football.

You could also add Washington and Wright to this too because they also dropped the ball. Not that I expect them to make highlight reels every week, but as a WR your first job is to catch the football, no reason they should be putting the ball on the ground when its within their catch radius and they get a hand on the ball.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Nate needs to be called out too then. He dropped a couple of balls.

But I really think there is a reason they called out Justin Hunter. I think they see some real big potential there, and they want to bring that out of him. We saw what happened in the preseason when they called Hunter out a little bit. This is a guy that tends to get a little too relaxed out there and the coaches are trying to prevent that.

5. JCBRAVE

If Hunter gets mad he might be amazing. In that Raiders game last year just before his TD he said the Oakland fans were talking a lot of trash and he wanted to shut them up. Then he went out and broke 2 guys ankles and taunted the fans.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Oh wow, I think @DeeT04 called out the revivers after the Cowboys game to.

:D

• High Five High Five x 5
  7. JCBRAVE

anyone watching was

our entire team **** the bed Sunday, got too comfy after smacking the Chiefs around.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Only that worries me is that you coddle a head case. Locker is historically inconsistent. He was wildly off target last week and no doubt he is a bit shook up about it. They keep talking about how mentally tough he is but yet he can't quite put together the best time to run and the best time to throw. And when he does throw, it too frequently goes wild.

I'd prefer the whole GD team and coaches apologize to Nashville personally for laying that organizational turd on LP field for the nation to see. It wasn't like this was a STATEMENT game to the home crowd of the direction of the franchise.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

From what I recall, the majority of the fans in LP were Cowboys fans, so Fuc! Nashville!

10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Some wanted to put it all on Locker tho.

Locker sucked, but so did everyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar