Whis on Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I never liked it honestly. Unless you have EXCELLENT OLB's and ILB's you are in trouble. We had neither....Including average DE's. Bad move, and the fact we can't stop the run shows it.

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I would put Edwards a few notches below Myron Rolle on the all hype team but being a top five recruit like Edwards didn't you think he was underwhelming? He never took over games. Do you think it was cause he bulked up to play the 3-4 end like a Richard Seymour. I don't think Goldman is all that either.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think you're reading too much into it. First, second, third doesn't necessarily match their rankings. They just want to put players in position to showcase themselves. You'll notice Carden plays with Hardy because they were teammates...same with the Iowa DT's.

Typically the QB's will all get the expected reps but whoever is hot during the game will likely get any extra reps. We'll have to see how Petty does the whole week and in the game. Like Mariota, the knock on him is the system. jeremiah was saying he struggles when he has to go past his first read. That doesn't sound like a Whiz guy. I'd think Mannion is much more of what Whiz is looking for. I don't see any of these guys going in the first except thru desparation! QB's that is. obviously there is first rnd talent on the field!

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

With MOST teams previously running a 4-3, they ran it there to keep things uniform. So while the 4-3 is their system, in reality it'd be the same thing. One OLB/DE is rushing either way as their is no blitzing so you could only rush one OLB anyway and that player is playing 'de.'

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be too sure that Petty doesn't go 1st. Someone like St. Louis, Houston, or Washington could be desperate enough to pull the trigger.

I've heard a lot of talk about Mannion to the Titans and I hope that's not true, although I do agree he fits the system. I just haven't been impressed with him at all.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Mannion is awful.

Whiz is a master of drafting awful QBs in the late and mid rounds.

Look at his roster in Arizona. Take the QB stuff out of Whiz's hands. He cannot evaluate talent at the position.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I was really looking forward to watching Edwards this season after the way he played in the championship game last year against Robinson. He just never turned the corner.

Goldman needed another year. Too inconsistent. Experts talk about him being a better prospect than Jernigan. Yeah, no. Jernigan was violent against the run. Goldman shows up against the run. I'd say they're equal rushing the passer.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Whiz did personally call Mariota to try and get him to come out.

Mariota declined.

I'm sure you conspiratards will congratulate Whiz on baiting Mariota and making other teams think we might take him... or we might genuinely be interested in the kid. Idiots.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It was a good move trying to hype him up.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I seriously doubt that is what was happening. You really are giving this staff and FO way too much credit.

Still won't be surprised if we take whichever QB TB doesn't.

You know they are both going to light up workouts. Hype meter will skyrocket.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar