Whis On Locker

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

the dude was not worth a 1st round pick. I don't see how anyone could argue that he was. He has not lived up to that expectation and is nothing more than an average defensive end.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I've seen it but I know that proves nothing in this discussion. I see Morgan as a B+ player. Just above very good but well before great. Does it confuse you that so many defensive coaches have loved what they see from Morgan? If I felt as you do I'd be confused as all hell.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

its coach speak

I'd only actually be concerned if he said he flat out sucked. He would probably say something similar about Campbell.

4. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

dude it's only been 3 years. It took aaron rodgers 4 years, took matt stafford 4 years, took drew brees 4 years until they started playing well. So after this year then you can talk until then sit down shut up and quit being a debbie downer about a team you like. Don't say you like a team and hate the franchise players, at least give them a chance. C'MON MAN!

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

same thing could be said about Jake Locker, but it seems everyone is already more than eager to throw him under the bus. Also last year was Morgans 4th year.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Considering how many true 1st round busts exist particularly pass rushers I think we could have done much worse than Morgan. Yes we didn't get the dynamic, transformational pass rusher you hope to get with a 1st round pick but we did get a reliable starter who has played very well and doesn't hurt the team. I know Morgan is what you expect from a 1st round pick but I'm not ready to say he's not worth his pick.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

feel good crew comin to town!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

wah dude oops i thought you were talking about Locker, not Morgan.. my bad SORRY! :facepalm:

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't hate the guy, let me make that clear. I think he COULD contribute more to this team under the right system. I think talk of him moving to OLB is silly because he has never been athletic enough. I think he could bulk up some and play DE in a 3-4, and it would be very similar to what he is contributing now.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I could see it being coach speak from one guy but I've heard good things about Morgan from more than one coach spanning 2 coaching staffs now. It also doesn't seem like coach speak to me because they're the ones choosing to single him out in a positive manner. There are 10 other starters on that defense and the coaches don't say a word about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar