Which WR will hv the best year...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 21, 2009.

?
  1. 12-gage

32 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Nate

16 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. Britt

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Some other guy

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Its a toss up

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Finding a job is impossible. I've been trying for weeks now. I go out, and stay out late, around 5/7 days of the week, yet I still have loads and loads of free time. It's annoying as hell.

Good luck on finals. I've been out of school for almost three weeks now. It's been hell for the most part.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

thanks man, im gonna need it. international business...lot of material covered.

i feel ya though. you cant wait for break and everything, than it comes and your like....well.....now what?

i might be heading to the states this summer too...ironically for a job; will be working in DC and than probably go to Jersey later on. so if anyone is there and wants to show me around why not?

albeit kinda creepy, never really organized something online, but **** i talk to you guys more than some friends hahaahah.... and if not summer than next break ill be hittin up the states

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Receivers only:
    Gage: Receptions
    Washington: Yards
    Britt: Yards per catch
    Gage: TDs
    I think they'll all do well in differant ways.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thank you gunny for changing the course of this discussion.

Guys we have had bad luck with higher draft choice Wrs in the past. Injuries and just bad picks. I think we are due for a change. I think this guy is going to be like dwayne bowe and produce right away.

Britt is already a very good route runner. He should be able to get open and make some plays. I believe he will start on the left WR spot because they want him getting involved early in games and they want his blocking. That was the reason jmac played as much as he did.

This WR drought is finally over we have the guy who can produce right away and isn't afraid to play aggressively. He got a 20+ on his wonderlic so he will easily learn the playbook. The era of us patiently waiting for our WR draft picks to get a clue is over!

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it's Gage for three reasons:

Opportunity - he'll be the #1. He'll many times be Collins' first option.

Chemistry - I think Gage is becoming Collins' go-to WR as much as we've seen that happen for the Titans WR since Mason. Gage finished pretty strong last season once he became healthy.

Competition - let's be realistic. Washington is probably going to need a few regular season games under his belt before he gets comfortable with the Dinger offense. Hawkins is a second-year guy. Britt is a rookie. In typical Titans fashion, the ball will get spread around so the top WR may only have 850 yards receiving.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Gage will be. With other threats on the field opens up more 1 on 1 coverage for Gage. Scaife won't be because before he was the only target. Now theres Washington and Britt added in. Plus Scaife has cook fighting him for playing time. Bottomline, Gage #1 Britt #2, Scaife #3, Washington #4.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I also think a franchise tag of Scaife was weak. Cook can be a starter and Crumpler can still play for another year. Next year Cook #1, and Craig Stevens #2.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cook is not a very good inline blocker which is why he lasted until the 89th pick. He may never be an every down type TE but it doesn't matter as long as we have other guys to do the job blocking.

Crumpler will be fortunate to make the team this year and there is no way they will bring him back next year since this is the last year of his contract.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How come nobody else is buying into my prediction that britt will be a producer from day one just like dwayne bowe, eddie royal and desean jackson?

This guy caught 87 balls last year in the big east a conference filled with several nfl caliber CBs. He got the better of butler. He doesn't need 2 years to learn how to run a route.

Is it because we are jaded by our past experiences we can't imaging a young WR who is worth a damn?

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i am with you rolltide. i think britt is going to have a break out year in the same way bowe did. he has got the size, speed, route running skills. i think he is going to be a great wr for this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar