Which WR needs to be cut?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

One note about Chris Davis:

his punt return average last year was better than Adam Jones or Derrick Mason's rookie seasons. And while he did fumble a bit too much (one fumble for every six returns), he was still better than Derrick Mason, who fumbled 3 times in only 13 attempts as a rookie.

Interestingly enough, in his second year, Mason fumbled only once in 31 attempts, and developed into one of the most sure-handed players in the game. Ball security is something that can be learned and improved upon very quickly.

Unless he just stinks in camp, I'm betting Davis' return skills earn him a spot on the roster, where he can also add depth as the #6-7 WR.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He was on the team from the chargers game forward, the rest of the season he was on the practice squad. He only got paid as an active player for five games. That's how he wasn't on the team.

Do you understand how the roster works? 53 players "make the team" at the start of the season. 8 other players are allocated to the practice squad. Because of injuries, sometimes practice squad players get a chance to make the team. That doesn't mean that they made it out of training camp, which is what we're talking about here.

How slowly does this have to be explained? We're talking about who will make it, and who should or is likely to be cut. Players who get sent to the practice squad got cut. They didn't make it.

3. Nash

Nash Starter

WR's..

I follow this pretty closely.. my view is that McCareins and Gage are locks, Ealy and Mike Williams also make the team as they both are big receivers that fit Dinger's system and both have substantially improved in the off season and both likely play this season.. Hawkins is the new draftee with moves and speed so he makes it..

Roydell Williams goes to pup or IR..
    that leaves Davis, Jones, and P wiliiams to fight it out for 1 or 2 spots..

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

IIRC Ealy made our 53 man roster last year and was cut after a couple of games (we needed the spot due to injuries I believe) and then put on the PS after clearing waivers until late in the season when we was activated due to injuries.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol

Sorry man. If you get playing time, you made the team. Bend that any way you want to, but the guy is ON THE TEAM, therefore MADE THE TEAM.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

This is why you rarely find me posting here in the off-season ;)

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris davis won't be cut because he can return punts and is specifically a slot type guy. He had a good playoff game against the chargers and they were confident enough to have him out there so i think he is in.

They are not going to cut ealy because he is a young kid they think will get better.

The williams bust brothers are top candidates for getting their lockers cleaned out..

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Paul Williams
    Ealy

=

CUT

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Did you mean roydell? Or just paul and the undrafted guy?

I really don't see how roydell could be called a bust. It's not like he was drafted high...

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Chris Davis value dropped tremendously since Carr was signed. I don't think Paul Williams is a bust since he's only had 1 year of experience. Roydell isn't going anywhere. Ealy might not get cut but he might go on PS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar