Which WR needs to be cut?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Word. Just curious if anyone's had any info on Rivers since he seems to be the popular choice to be outed. I don't have an opinion on the guy, because I've neither seen or heard anything yet.
    And we can't say just because he was an undrafted free agent and how often do they pan out, because most have us keeping Ealy, and he wasnt offered a deal until he practiced with VY at a park.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I picked him to be cut because it's most likely that he will be. True, I don't have any further justification for it, and he could catch on, but it's really not likely that he will.

Ealy was an exception to most, mainly because he shined in camp. But even as an exception, he didn't make the team. He was put on the practice squad, and was on the team for well under half the season. So even if Rivers has as solid a camp as Ealy did last year, he probably will get cut.

3. Deuce Wayne

Ealy didn't make the team, but did? lol

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Ealy might be back on PS depending on Hawkins and P. Williams.

5. smili

smili Starter

My main reaction after the draft was "why would an udfa decide to come to camp here?" Seriously, if you have the choice of all the teams in the NFL, why come hear with our logjam at wideout?

6. Deuce Wayne

Because this would be the easiest place to get on a roster?? Quantity doesn't = Quality. So if you think you're good, you've got to like your chances here.
    Some analyst said it best: "Tennessee has a lot of wide receivers, which means that they have no receivers in the NFL". A couple years ago.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Really? You don't understand?

This is about who will or won't get cut to get to the final 53. If your example is Ealy, it's a bad one, because last year Ealy got cut. He was put on the practice squad. He was elevated late in the season. He didn't make the team. We could get both the undrafted rookies onto the practice squad, but it doesn't mean that they made the team. Sadly, I don't think Ealy was on the team for enough games to prevent him from being put back on it this season.

8. Deuce Wayne

I guess now comes the part where you explain how someone suits up, gets on the field, catches a ball...

but isn't on the team. lmao

9. ONUV

ONUV Starter

paul williams, brandon jones, chris davis

some people aren't giving mike williams a chance. he was brought in and given the ultimatum of lose weight or your nfl career is over. he's lost the weight. now let's see if he can produce on the field. he seems very motivated.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

A lot of people seem to think Brandon Jones will be cut. Imo, it will surprise me. I see that the logic is probably that B.Jones has had 3 years here and it's been fairly inconsistent and he's had injuries, so give the young guys a chance.

But really, I think B.Jones makes the roster and even has a chance to be the best receiver on the team.

B. Jones stats:

2005: 23 catches, 299 yards, 2 TDs. (10 games)
    2006: 27 catches, 384 yards, 4 TDs. (16 games)
    2007: 21 catches, 248 yards, 2 TDs. (9 games)

Considering he only played in 9 games last year, he did fairly well statwise compared to prior years.

R. Williams and Justin Gage: both certain to make the team.
    B. Jones: get another year
    J-Mac: Heimi's boy, so he makes it.
    L. Hawkins: I think the rookie makes it regardless.

The final two, my guess at this point would be Mike Williams and Paul Williams. I think I buy into the "P.Williams was a project pick" so he gets this year to do something. Mike Williams because he has at least lost a great deal of weight and seems to realize he isn't going to get another chance anywhere else.

That would leave B.Ealy, Chris Davis, Jason Rivers, Edward Williams being cut.

But I surely won't be disappointed if one of them breaks out and makes the team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar