Which would you prefer?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, Apr 19, 2011.

?
  1. Scenario #1 (QB in the 1st, DT in the 2nd)

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Scenario #2 (DT in the 1st, QB in the 2nd)

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i'm okay with fairley... and i want kaepernick as well

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

What's it like living in a land of make believe, with elves and fairies and little frogs with funny green hats?

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I went option 1, assuming there is a QB we believe can be a "franchise" QB there at 8, then you take him and don't wait to see if he's available at 39. I'd be more then fine with Austin or Paea in round 2. Personally I have a feeling Jake Locker will be our pick at #8.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Hmm tough question. Like Paea more then Fairley but like Kaepernick more then Newton/Gabbert.

Dream Scenario: Trade down and take get another second. Pick Kaepernick mid to late first then take Paea/Carter at 2a and 2b.

I'll take Fairley in the first Kaep in the second in this scenario though.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'm with you on Paea, he's being very underrated in my opinion...ideally Von Miller would slide to us and the Pats would be willing to deal up to get him, giving us #17 and #28 overall, allowing us to move back and get Kaep, Ayers and Paea. I like Carter too, but like Ayers better if we could make a deal like that.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd be happy with either.

I chose Option 1 though. I'm not sold on any of the QBs we'd have to take in Option 2. If we did Option 2, I'd want Ponder.

My dream: Trade #8 down to 13-14 range (Lions trade up for Prince, Rams trade up for Julio)... then pick up extra picks. Draft a QB #1. Defense with the rest of our picks.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

There was a time before his knee injury that I was pushing for Paea at #8 overall. Now the he can be had in the second round I think I would flip if we passed on him for someone like Austin.

If we could trade from eigth and get picks 17 and 28 from the Pats it would be my dream come true. I think I would go

17. Kaepernick
    28. Pouncey
    40. Paea

I know that wouldn't solve our LB issues but it would give us the person I think as the highest ceiling of any QB in this class and fix both of our lines.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. bkellyusa

bkellyusa Camp Fodder

I am worried that it is getting harder and harder to get Kaepenick in the second round. The report today that Chip Smith at Competitive Edge who trained both Newton and Kaeprnick prefers Kaeperick didn't make it any easier to get him either.

I also like Dalton and Ponder but with those two it is getting very hard to predict where they might be available.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kaepernick will be there in the 2nd. No team is serious about wanting him... he sucks.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not sure any of those guys are worth our 2nd rd pick. I sure in the hell and not going to give up our 3rd to trade up for somebody like Ponder. No damn way! Kaepernick is not worth anything higher than a third and i like Stanzi better.

Best bet would be to draft DE in rd 1. Watt or Kerrigan, and then use our 2nd rd pick on a DT like Austin or Paea. That takes care of our defense. Now use the rest of the draft on offense.

1. JJ Watt
    2. Best defensive player on board-Wilson, Austin, Paea
    3. Stanzi
    4a. Best offense on board
    4b. OLB
    5. OL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar