Which would make you feel worse?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Morpheus E, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we don't have a qb on the roster that will win us a super bowl, especially if we don't sign haynesworth.

2. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

I think you'd like me a little more if I made "VY sucks" posts and went around high-fiving every post that suggests that he be kicked off the team. My question to you is why is that type of behavior okay but any time someone wants to make snide post in favor or defense of him then it's trolling?

Bet you don't have an answer.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

we had one in KFC this year

this team needs a prototypical drop back passer who can hit his mark and VY has not shown anything that makes ME feel as if he can CONSISTENTLY deliver on the field ...

... and then we can get into the whole immaturity issue if we want to

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we had a qb who managed to score more than 15 points per game, which was enough to win because had a top flight defense.

without haynesworth do you think we'll be able to win like that?

let's face it, whoever plays qb for this team is almost irrelevant. all he has to do is not fumble while handing the ball off and score two touchdowns and a field goal to win.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Quite a bit more, actually...we averaged 23 points a game last season, which is absolutely substantial. Do I think we could win scoring an average of 23 points per game without Haynesworth? Absolutely. Do I want to see Haynesworth go? Not at all, I just think he's going to cost more money then any one NON POINT SCORING player is worth. He's a vital cog in our wheel, absolutely, but he isn't the only reason we were successful on D either

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How the Titans offense performs is directly related to how the defense performs. The defense shuts down opponents so the offense can pound the ball and win scoring only 13 points. The defense shortens the field. The defense gets turnovers.

I don't see any indication the Titans could score 23 points consistently without a solid defense.

So this boils down to me how much of a setback the Titans defense will have without Hayneworth. IMO, it will be significant. To lose a top player at any defensive position hurts. To lose the best in one of the most key areas of your defensive scheme hurts even more.

Including offensive production.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There are still plenty of "VY is the guy" folks here who post that from their hearts and are far from being considered trolls. You on the other hand lack the ability to understand the difference.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I agree with you here, but I wouldn't say it would be a setback big enough to drop us out of the 'top tier' classification of defense. And bear in mind, the line was the key area of Schwartz's scheme...Haynesworths loss could be compensated to dome degree by blitzing some linebackers (where we're pretty stacked, btw) down field to get pressure from other spots...

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've been suspecting this for some time, but now I'm convinced... you're just a retread of "Mr. E".

The idea that those of us on here, who are all pretty huge Titans fans (I mean, we spend time on a website forum discussing the team, obviously, we care) would be pissed at our team going to the Superbowl, is ridiculous. The idea that we would prefer a losing season is ridiculous. I don't care if we trade for Peyton Manning and he gets us to the superbowl. I hate him, but I'd be happy. The idea that Vince Young may never be a successful NFL QB is no nearly as outlandish. Yes, some people have negative opinions of him, but it's silly to argue that the fans of this TEAM would care more about him than how the team does on the field. Honestly, I really don't care about Vince Young, unless he helps or hurts this team. If he helps us win, I'm all for him, and I honestly wish that he would break out and show some progress and be our leader. However, I'm not expecting that. And if he isn't capable of taking those steps, and we spend the next three years in mediocrity while paying him millions, I'll be pissed.

Many people express many valid opinions on here that I either don't like or don't agree with. Yours is simply not a rational opinion, and is frankly an insult to the fans on this board. I'm hoping you get enough neg reps to stick you in the smack forum where you belong.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Of course I'm going to get negative rep! When I see a Vince Young hate post, I respond with one in favor of him and most people on this board don't like that. If you pay attention, you'll notice that I never attack anyone, it's just certain posters that feel bad about their own feelings and don't like that I point out that sometimes the hate for Young goes overboard for whatever reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar