Which Titans WRs have good hands?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Upright7, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I went to the Titans practice last night and watched the game against the Redskins on Thursday and paid close attention to the Titans WR's. As far as I can tell the only receivers with good hands (or soft hands) are in this order: Nate Washington and Kendell Wright. Kendell had a big drop against the Skins, but it seemed more of a trying to run before making the catch issue. Britt didn't practice last night and Hunter seems to have concrete blocks for mitts. Britt looked awful against the Redskins. He waits for the ball to find him instead of going and getting the ball and he can't seem to reel in the ball when it does find him. I am no talent scout, but I would take an average talent with soft hands over a freak athlete with poor hands. Am I wrong here? Please tell me I am!

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Nate has always been solid, but he'll always have his fair share of drops. He is a solid #2, and nothing more.

Wright should develop into a pretty good receiver. The dude plays with heart, and he'll be a force to reckon with.

Britt has shown flashes that he can be one of the leagues elite, but he needs to get back to that level of play and stay healthy. If Britt is playing at the top of his game, he is a top 10 WR.

Hunter didn't have the greatest hands in college, and lets just say I'm not on his bandwagon yet.

Walters was always a possession guy who put securing the catch before anything else. If you have an important third down, he might be the one to trust right now.

Williams seems to make pretty good catches, and I don't see him drop a lot of passes. Though he isn't on the field very often, he's made some huge plays with his limited catches.

Preston and Mariani don't get enough playing time on the field to really tell. I assume they don't have the greatest hands since they don't make the field.

When playing at their A-game, their catching goes something like:
    Britt > Wright > Nate > Hunter > Williams > Walters > Preston/Mariani

When playing their average ball:
    Wright > Nate > Walters > Britt > Hunter > Williams > Preston/Mariani

Most of them have pretty good hands overall, always room for improvement though. It doesn't help having an inaccurate QB throwing at them.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

All I know is we better keep Preston.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Mariani being hurt helps Preston.

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

What's the big deal about Preston? I'm just wondering, because he hasn't made any great plays for us yet. Was he a beast in college or something?

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Why, because the guy is 6'5? He hasn't shown crap in the 2 years he's been here. Does he contribute at all to the team as opposed to being the 7th WR? Mariani is a much better WR, but he's not nearly as big, so what? Mariani also has value on special teams, Preston does not. I'm not making the case for a Mariani-Preston argument, because I could clearly list 8 other bubble players I'd rather have on the team over Preston and even Reynaud is one of them.

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Reynaud played RB well in preseason last year against 3rd string players. He has been shut down at the position since. He looked bad in the Redskins game at RB and he looked bad at Sunday night's practice. Preston looked pretty good at Sunday night's practice and made a really nice 1 handed catch against his helmet. He has size, speed and potential. He has the same build as Hunter and seems to have better hands. I think Preston has WAY more potential than Reynaud. The Titans need a solid punt and kick returner and Reynaud fits the bill, it is just too bad that he can't fill the 3rd RB slot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If it comes down to Preston or Reynaud, Reynaud is toast. Hell Reynaud is probably toast no matter what.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Marc Mariani might have the best hands on the team, I say might because he made that one play in college that also might be the greatest catch Ive ever seen.

But Mariani doesn't get seen a lot making NFL catches, so I could be totally wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar