Which Titans should be cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostontitan

Bostontitan Starter

Also since Cj dosent want to do anything to help the TEAM ...

And dosent care about the team concept ...

HE SHOULD BE CUT AND FIND A NEW TEAM ...WAITE dont cut him yet hold him till draft time

there might someone who wants him ...if not waite till before camp hits then do him in ...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We're stuck with him for at least another 5-6 weeks. He just had surgery so until he's got a clean bill of health he can't be cut.

3. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

Here is a small breakdown of those certain players and the effect on the Titans overall CAP and MONEY WISE "if" these moves are made this off-season:

1. CHRIS JOHNSON - Saves the Titans ONLY $4.0 MILLION in 2014, but $20.0 MILLION over 2015/2016;

2. KAMERION WIMBLEY - Saves the Titans $2.4 MILLION in 2014, but would COST TITANS $17.0 MILLION
    in 2014 and 2015;

3. DAVID STEWART - Saves the Titans $6.4 MILLION in 2014, WITH "NO DEAD MONEY" IN ANY FUTURE YEARS!!!

4. RYAN FITZPATRICK - Saves the Titans $3.25 MILLION in 2014, paying just $495,000 for Tyler Wilson or any other average to nothing back-up quarterback;

THE HARDER CUTS:

5. CRAIG STEVENS - Saves the Titans $2.4 MILLION in 2014, with WALKER and THOMPSON on ROSTER but Stevens has quietly been a solid contributor;

6. NATE WASHINGTON - Saves the Titans $4.8 MILLION in 2014, with possible fantastic trade value in draft, but the most consistent wide receiver the Titans have had since Derrick Mason;

THAT WOULD LEAVE THE TITANS WITH;
    $34.7 MILLION in 2014
    $67.4 MILLION in 2015
    $87.5 MILLION in 2016

THIS ALSO WOULD MEAN THAT "IF" WHISENHUNT AND WEBSTER WANTED TO GO AFTER A "GREG HARDY or BRIAN ORAKPO" AT AROUND $12.0 MILLION PER YEAR, THAT WOULD LEAVE THE TITANS WITH $22.0 MILLION THIS YEAR OF ADDITIONAL SPENDING MONEY:

MY THOUGHTS:

(Wimbley's agent did probably the greatest job in protecting an NFL player for the long haul since CUTTING HIM actually COST the TITANS MONEY, saving only $2.4 MILLION but STILL NEEDS TO BE CUT SOMEHOW...."DAVID STEWART, CRAIG STEVENS, RYAN FITZPATRICK, GEORGE WILSON, SAMMIE HILL" ALL PLAYERS I CAN LIVE WITH BEING CUT.....LOSING "NATE WASHINGTON and CHRIS JOHNSON" AT LEAST THIS YEAR ARE TWO PLAYERS THAT SHOULD AT THE VERY LEAST STAY FOR 2014 AND SEE WHAT WHISENHUNT COULD DO THAT MUNCHAK AND COMPANY COULDN'T;

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I hate to keep beating on this guy but some one please tell me what silent contributions craig stevens has made to the titans? It maybe that if we go 3/4 that wimbley could be of use(he was very good in that defense in oakland) due to the cap situation and who ever wrote that contract was crazy. I still say I would cut our drunk kicker and save nearly 4 million, he and really no kicker is worth that

5. 615nick

615nick Starter

I like bironas, but agree, if won't restructure that ridiculous contract he has got to be cut. Stevens is of no use, we have two better tes now. Stewart is also a useless member of the team. With those three cuts alone we could keep cj and wimbley and also be able to resign some guys. I know it seems as if those two are way overpaid, but we also had the worst coaching staff in the league.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

CJ saves $6 million for 2014 if cut. $4 million is the dead cap number. So even better :D

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Titans&Year=2014

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Make it 7.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

There are plenty of us. It's just their little way of pretending their opinion is held by most and the only valid one.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

But... It is...

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Now saves the team 6 mil. RECALCULATE!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar