Which team would you rather be and why?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I live in NY and the tidal wave of negativity being dumped on the Jets day in and day out is truly impressive. So here's a recap from NY's perspective so you can weigh both sides.

Rex, the OC doesn't have enough talent. The GM (who didn't choose Rex as his HC) has kept roughly $245million in cap space that they COULD have spent this year. Can you say the GM wants Rex out? Rex, like a true professional has taken the hit for his team, his GM, his QB, and for losing 31-0. Of course, the reality is, they are 1-4, Geno doesn't look like the answer (and neither does Vick). Sound familiar? Unless the Jets turn it around against Peyton and then Brady, the Jets season is over and the Rex era will end. If you're the Owner, you have to wonder if you have the right GM who did NOT spend the extra $24mil in cap space for a win now coach. You have to wonder if you have the right coach because they are back to where they were BEFORE Rex came there. Unless Geno does something amazing, it looks like they don't have their QB and like the Titans, have a RB by committee approach.

To make matters worse for Geno, he has stunk and then cursed out a fan on his way off the field ($12k fine). Then, prior to this game, he missed a pre-game meeting the night before the game and missed it because he was out (he took other teammates with him) to see Gone Girl. Not only did nothing happen to him, but he still started the game to the ire of most Jets fans (who were HOPING he'd get benched). Sports talk is all about the Jets FRANCHISE (not just this team) being in total disarray and disfunction.

Assuming both teams finish with losing records...which team would you rather have as YOUR team. The Jets or the Titans?

Even money says Morningwig, the Jets current OC, would get a long hard look if Rex is let go but how can you turn to him after he can't get anything going on offense with Geno or Vick???

I'd say there are questions about both teams GM's, QB's, and talent level and under the above scenario, Rex will no longer be the Jets HC. Any way Whiz could be on the hot seat with say a 4-12 season? Or would you chalk it up to talent level, learning new schemes and adjusting talent to fit those schemes?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We could go 1-15 and I don't think Whiz would be fired.

And I would rather be the Titans than Jets.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

excellent post @Gut. I too live in NY and listen to all the sports talk radio so I know the Jets take all the crap from the media and well deserved too I might add. I would rather be the Titans because we don't get as much negative attention when we play terrible as compared to the Jets in a big market city and when we finally do well we will shock the world one of these years.

The only thing about Whiz that I don't like him doing is calling out players left and right to the media. IMO you do that behind closed doors and you make it clear they need to play better but let nothing go to the media. When it becomes public it becomes a problem. I am also learning that his decision making skills need to be worked in regard to throwing challenges and calling timeouts.

4. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

The Titans of course.

Why? Because they are not the Jets.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

Unlike some girls, the Jets will f*** you every single time so I will remain a Titan fan.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Wait, what?

Is that a bad thing? Lol

7. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

It's a bad thing for your football team to f*** you every single time, not your girl!

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Dolphin's better then both..!!

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 3
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Titans because of Wright and Casey. Either way, looking at major overall before a championship team, including coaches.

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Titans of course! We have a young O line coming together and a young running back. We need to draft or build our secondary through FA next season and hopefully find play makers. Not that he will be there next year, but the fact that MeJ1k the Playmaka midget currently plays for them, no consideration can be given to the Jets. We have a vision at least that is different from the answer the Jets have built.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar