Which sports town has the most fair weather fans?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Has to be LA.

They've already lost two NFL franchises due to poor support.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It can't be Buffalo, they never have fair weather...

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it was actually just before they became better... he was at Tech from 1987-91. They didn't actually get better until the '91 season. Prior to that they were pretty terrible.

4. Hoffa

I remember in the 90's that the Braves had World Series games that were not sold out.

Louisville football fans are fair weather too...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

was it the strike year?

6. Hoffa

No, they didn't have a World Series the strike year...

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You aren't kidding Hoffa. The last few years, we had Steve Kragthorpe and the program won 15 games in 3 years while losing to some pretty terrible football teams. The year Louisville went to the Orange bowl, the first big spring practice drew over 30,000 people which was unprecedented. The next years spring practice drew a few thousands people.

One of Steve Kragthorpe's last press conferences, he begged the fans to still show up to the game regardless of the fans opinion of him. Steve wasn't well liked here in Louisville. I heard stories of people cursing at him and threatening him when he was putting gas in his car at a gas station up here.

They were talking about expanding Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium and adding 25,000 extra seats (another upper deck) however the current stadium holds 40-50k and the past few years, they have been averaging 15-20k during the Kragthorpe era. Now that we have Charlie Strong, I'm sure that attendance will skyrocket until the cards suck again.

Louisville basketball is totally different beast. U of L basketball tickets are always hard to come by at a decent price... even for the scrub teams they play.

TL;DR: Louisville football fans disowned the program during Steve Kragthorpe Era, the fans have returned now we have a new coach. UL basketball tickets are always hard to come by.

8. Hoffa

I think UL has a good football coach now. Kragthorpe was hired because he was a friend of the AD at the time.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

As far as teams I've dealt with personally:
    1. IND- but we will only find out for sure once Peyton is gone.. maybe some of these fans are lifers now, but who knows.

2. TEN- During our bad stretch,(04-05) our attendance got pretty bad. We don't have a big sample of bad stretched to base that off of, but from what I had seen. If we had a Lions-like decade, old Bud would be relocating again.

10. Hoffa

Gotta disagree here. There was no massive sell off of PSL's, people kept buying their tickets, unlike in Jacksonville even when they're winning. Many teams deserve to be ahead of Tenn on your list...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar