Which RB combo would you rather have ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Jul 22, 2006.

?
  1. Chris Brown / Travis Henry

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Travis Henry / LenDale White

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Can I do a write in vote?

Really I want them all to stay, and whoever has the better season will be the frontrunner for next year. Seems most likely that Brown or Henry won't be here next year, but I was hoping to see both again this year along with a little Lendale.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

If the Titans have faith that Lendal can duplicate his success at this level then more power to them, trade chris and get what you can out of it. But until then keep Chris. I like Henry but he is just too much of a liability and thats the only reason im reluctant to get rid of Chris. But if you look at chow's offense at USC he needed BOTH types of backs to be successful.

3. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

How do you know that? We didn't see him without both of them.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Big Cheese 'bout to bust some chops this year... or something.

5. metal957

metal957 Starter

Two words = POWER FOOTBALL

6. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Two Words- Trade Henry

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

all 3 will be here this season...

but if i had to choose 2

i'd go with brown and LW

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

look

Chris went from our best friend to a potential cancer
    a player that has demanded a trade all of a sudden doesn't have the best interest of the team in mind

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I second that. You gotta have that one-two. Henry isn't all that much of an ideal power back because of his stature. In my mind, he's ideally a better back up to the types of backs that Chris Brown and LenDale White are respectively. He doesn't do what the others specialize in better than they do, but he's a pretty good balance between them.

That is -- ideally. Henry is still more proven than either of them put together, but he has been having a rough two years and it is still unclear whether he'll return to Pro Bowl form. But the indications for Mr. Brown and Mr. White (Reservoir Dogs, as I keep saying) are good. And both are heavier than Henry as well. However, the season hasn't started yet. White is still just a rookie, and Brown still hasn't been able to put it all together yet. That's why we need all three this year, but if one part should go if one part is going to go now, it might as well be Henry.

I've pointed out before that Nash, Ganther and Henry are all 5'9 and 214-218. Henry from a physical measurables perspective can be more easily replaced. I'm going to speculate that the Titans can get similar production out of those guys or Payton if all you're talking is similar touches and yards. I get the impression that Nash is about as smart as Henry. Also, the younger RBs can play special teams. At least Payton can.

I'd keep 4 RBs and 1 FB. I'd keep Henry along with Brown and White - in no way should Brown not be running until he can't be effective anymore. I would maybe deal Henry late in the preseason.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think that's a little extreme. I'm pretty sure he's a little scared from the competition hype. But it doesn't matter what he wants, and he is fairly compensated this year - and he should know he doesn't deserve the big contract yet. I think he and his agent are pushing on the door to see if it's open, but it ain't.

I wouldn't think (at least yet) that Brown has expected to be in any system in the NFL where he alone is the featured back, taking the full load by himself. Also, potentially, he could be in for a far better year in Tennessee than he would in any other system which could lead to better money here or elsewhere.

If he is 230 but still fast, this could be his closest year to a good Eddie-like season we've seen to date, and if he's going to have it, I feel the Titans have earned a right to see it. And if the season is so good, we could afford to franchise him next year if we wanted to, also because White would still be early in his contract.

I'll vote White/Henry at whatever point we can get a first round draft pick for Brown. Unless he's just too dang good to let go by then. I'd be like, "Sorry LenDale, you're used to it. And Travis, I hear Ricky Williams needs a backup in the CFL."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar