Which QB Situation Do You Want?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 26, 2011.

?

Which Do You Like the Most?

1. Trade for Kolb (2nd Round Pick)

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Trade for Orton (3rd Round Pick)

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Trade for Fitzpatrick (3rd Round Pick)

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. Trade for Palmer (3rd Round Pick)

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. 1st Round QB (Locker, Newton, or Gabbert)

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  6. 2nd-4th Round QB (Mallett, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, Stanzi)

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Sign Matt Hasselbeck

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sign Marc Bulger

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  9. Sign McNabb

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. Rusty and KC, Draft 2012 QB

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Let's just say that the lockout is withheld, since the judge is taking an extra day to finalize her decision; and it allows trades to happen. I doubt that they would start the free agency period this week. All teams are focused on the draft, and not free agents. Also the free agency period is normally a month long, so I doubt they'd have it going on during the draft.

So what QB Situation do you want for our STARTING QB, there's 3 options - Free Agency, Draft, Trade.

Here's the 10 most realistic scenarios (IMO):

--> Trade for Kolb. Eagles have him overpriced, would probably take our 2 2nds straight up for Kolb.

--> Trade for Orton. Elway doesn't seem sold on any of his QBs. My bet is Elway will decide who the QB of the future is, with Tebow as a backup Orton could get traded. I also wouldn't be shocked if they traded Tebow. Orton for a 3rd round pick seems fair.

--> Trade for Fitzpatrick. Cam goes #3 to Buffalo, Fitzpatrick could get instantly traded while he has trade value. I wouldn't be surprised at all by this move. Fitzpatrick for a 3rd round pick seems fair.

--> Trade for Carson Palmer. Palmer will not be released, Brown is to stubborn. But he could possible trade him, would probably cost a 3rd round pick.

--> Draft a QB Round 1 (Locker, Newton, or Gabbert)

--> Draft a QB Round 2-4 (Mallett, Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, Stanzi)

--> Sign Matt Hasselbeck to be the starter.

--> Sign Marc Bulger to be the starter.

--> Sign McNabb (once released) to be the starter.

--> Keep Rusty, re-sign KC, and wait until 2012 to get a QB.

So what do you want to happen out of these options?
  2. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

at this point. Tank 2011. Let Rusty/KC run the team into the ground and get Luck next year.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Here's my Dream/Semi-Realistic Off-Season Situation, as I posted in a different thread:

Trade 3rd Round Pick for Ryan Fitzpatrick (Car passes on Cam, Buf drafts him)

Sign Tommie Harris, Tom Zbikowski, and Daryn Colledge
    Re-sign Tulloch, Sarge, Jacob Ford
    Cut: Nickey, Gage, Hope, and Mouton

AJ Green falls to us (in a miracle), and we draft him with our 1st. We then draft Cameron Heyward with our 2nd. 4th: CB 4th: OLB 5th: QB

So now we have Ryan Fitzpatrick to throw to Britt and AJ Green. Tommie Harris is very underrated and could be a steal. Zbikowski never really got a shot because he was stuck behind Reed, I think he could be a starting SS. Colledge will be a STARTING LG. Our DL: JJ, Brown, Harris, Ford, Morgan, Heyward, Hayes, Marks.. that's a talented DL.

Then next year we can draft a QB early, and he can sit 1-2 years (Rodgers style) behind Fitz.

If only Madden was like real-life.. lol
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Bringing Collins back should not be an option.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I agree with either Fitz or Palmer but what if Green is gone? If you like WR does that mean Julio or what?
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Trade for Palmer or Fitz and draft a QB in either round 5th or 6th.

QB:
    Fitz/Palmer
    Smith
    Rookie

Then next year we go QB in the 1st and let him sit behind Fitz/Palmer till the new guy is ready to come in. I'm hoping Luck, Barkley, or Jones.

With our 1st pick this year wouldn't mind going Green/Jones (if Green drops), Quinn, or Amukamara.

That's just my dream scenario really my opinions of Locker are still the same, he will be a good one.
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

I prefer to get a vet with a lot left in the tank. I chose Palmer because we wouldn't be forced to play a rookie or Rusty early, or be forced to take a QB earlier than we need to. This could help us get great value out of our picks instead of forcing something early.
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

What in the world is this Fitzpatrick talk all about? Yes he'll be expendable once the draft is over, but he's not that good. Was I the only one to see his last game of 2010 vs the Patriots? He threw 3 INT's, sacked 3 times, completed less than half his throws, and lost 2 fumbles. There's a reason Buffalo is looking for a QB.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I say sign Marc Bulger. He's got the arm, experience and he sat all of last year so he should be back to 100%. Plus he'd cost less than Hasselbeck, McNabb or Kolb and be just as solid. And KFC, well I'm not even gonna go there.
  10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I voted trade for Palmer, but there's no way he'll be had for a 3rd pick.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.