Which QB gives us the best chance to win in 09?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 13, 2009.

?
  1. Vince Young

20.5%
  2. Kerry Collins

69.2%
  3. Chris Simms

2.6%
  4. FA - KItna etc.

5.1%
  5. Gary Hogeboom

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Benched??? He was placed on IR. Get it right. He's not likely to throw as many inteceptions or get sacked as much behind our line, and that was the point. He's not the only QB to throw more interceptions than TD's as Collins's career is potmarked with years like that as well. I'm not here to bash Kerry Collins, but someone earlier mentioned Kitna being overrated. It looks to me that Collins is being terribly overrated here as well. He is a good option, but there might be better options available, and some options with simply no drop off should Collins decide to take better offer. The reason interest is drummed up for Kitna is because there is tension between him and Detroit, and it's been rumored that Detroit is interested in Vince Young.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Good point. If we make a deal for P. Manning we will have a guy who will give us the best chance of winning a SB next year. If we are talking KC, Garcia or Kitna for God's sake it is a no brainer....

Frankly I'm embarrased that we have fans on this board that really believe Garcia or Kitna could do better than KC especially when KC played well this year in Dinger's system. No way a QB even of comparable ability is going to come in and play any better.

Also, did anyone notice that Matt Cassel threw for a ridiculous 3693 yards with 21 TDs and only 11 ints HIS FIRST SEASON!!!!
    I guess some of you brilliant fans would rather use a first round pick on some college QB who has never taken a snap in the NFL. Even if it took 2 first rounders I'd go after Cassel. The 1st round picks this year and next will be late first rounders anyway. It isn't like we are throwing away the 3rd pick in the draft for a dud. Deal VY for whatever someone will give us and go out and get a real QB. Hey! If we can get Detroit to give us a 2nd round pick for Young their pick in the 2nd round is only a few draft spots from our 1st we would be giving up!

Remember when we couldn't get Turner for a 2nd rounder. Not sure what the Bolts wanted for Turner but how does Turner look now? How does that 2nd round pick we spent on Henry look? Same deal with Cassel only he plays a much harder position to fill. I sure don't want this team missing the SB next year or 5 years from now because we could never find a decent QB. Does anyone real feel like we have the long term answer at QB on our roster? If we don't how exactly are we going to remedy the situation? Pick another early in the draft and hope he is the 1 out of 4 that actually amounts to something?

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In reality Kitna isn't an upgrade over KC. IMO they are very similar but I'd give KC the edge because he has been here the last two years.

Also, you should get right the fact Kitna said he was 90% and could play when the Lions decided to put him on IR. The IR move was a ploy to make a QB switch. Kitna was effectively benched.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Collins gives us the best chance of success next year. He knows the system, succeeded in it this year, and got better as the year went on. Don't you guys remember the talk of KC for MVP at one point during the season?

Kitna and Garcia are washed up and couldn't consistently produce with better weapons. There is no way I would trade for Cassel unless Moss and Welker came with him. Sure, he put up amazing numbers for his first year starting, but so did Steve Bono.

I'm all for signing Collins for another year, drafting a mid-round QB, and leaving FA for Housh and Derrick Ward.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Kerry Collins= Game Manager

Many of you think we can win with a game manager behind center. Besides trent dilfer no game manager has ever won a super bowl, and dilfer won with one of the most dominating defenses in history because of their ability to score points.

Collins is not getting younger and his play will probably get worse next year so how do you guys feel he gives us the best opportunity to win? We went 10-6 with vince under center with a worse defense and worse weapons on offense. I think if we give him these weapons and the better defense he will be better than 10-6 and give us a better chance in the playoffs.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We had a worse defense in 2007? Some could argue that because of VY's turnovers.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jon gruden and andy reed are protege's of mike holmgren and the bill walsh west coast offense with shorter drops and quicker reads. Their offenses were ideal for garcia.

I don't see any logic in giving up on our guy to bring in another vet player.

If we lost kerry to another team that was willing to pay much more and garcia was still avaliable then sure try to get him but a choice between KC or JG then it has to be KC.

Honestly he wants to stay here. He has settled here, he has his songwriting. We can argue this all we want but it is highly unlikely KC won't be back. Jeff fisher has more appreciation for kerry than many posters here and wants to keep him.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"Kerry Collins= Game Manager"

There is no such thing in the nfl today. Kerry went back to throw 30 times a game and if he sucked doing that the team loses. You can't hide a QB like you once could because to win you have to throw the ball.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

When I mentioned Garcia, I thought he was a FA, which apparently he is not. My mistake.

Collins is not that amazing. He is a replaceable part of the offense. The only things not replaceable are CJ and some of our O-line.

I think several QBs could come here and have a similar season.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This quite possibly could be the funniest post I've read on these boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar