Which QB gives us the best chance to win in 09?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 13, 2009.

?
  1. Vince Young

20.5%
  2. Kerry Collins

69.2%
  3. Chris Simms

2.6%
  4. FA - KItna etc.

5.1%
  5. Gary Hogeboom

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If you are educated, you know what the word 'majority' means. And, some of the smartest men I know have trouble spelling. You're reading wayyyyy too far into it, bud.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again not sure why someone would want to shun collins for an older guy. Garcia will be 39 on feb 24th so please give him a 6 year deal!:rolleyes:

Like kitna garcia has played well only in a west coast system. We don't have the west coast offense here.

When i see garcia's name and kitna's name i can't help get the idea that some posters will want anybody except the guy who played well for us and led us to a 12-2 record.

I'll be nice and simply call it insane!!!!

3. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Do you mean 14-2

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The only alternative to kerry as our QB for next year is matt cassell. Cassell is the only QB that might be available who is as good as kerry but young enough for a long term deal.

There are some issues with cassell like the fact the pats will franchise him which seems like a certainity now and then what you need to give up to trade for him. I think they have doubts about brady being 100% for the beginning of the season so they may have to keep him but you can be sure of they do trade the price will be very high. Want to give up our 1st and third for him? And a contract for about $10M a year?

To get matt cassell is a huge committment!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Comprehend the question of the thread Rolltide? :rolleyes:

"Which QB gives us the best chance to win in 2009?"

Where did anyone say give Garcia a 6-year deal?

What exactly is so demanding about our offense that Garcia couldn't figure it out?

Between Collins, VY, or Garcia... I believe Garcia would give us a better chance to win next year.

And for what it's worth...

Garcia's career TD:INT ratio is 2:1.

Collins career TD:INT ratio is 1:1.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No 12-2. Vince started the first game though we could give part credit to kerry for the win and he, kerry only played one series in the last game. Kerry started and finished 14 games and we were 12-2 in those games so the logical thing to do in the minds of some? Play someone else.:rolleyes:

7. Alex1939

Are you that convinced that Cassell is the real deal and not just a product of a great supporting cast?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"Between Collins, VY, or Garcia... I believe Garcia would give us a better chance to win next year. "

For the love of, WTF?

Garcia is 2 years and 9 months older. You want to get older? Garcia is under contract as well.

As i said garcia is a west coast offense QB. When he went to detroit and played in a different offense he sucked. We don't have the west coast offense san fran, philly and tampa do. We had one when chow was here but not under dinger. the timing is different.

Not sure what career stats matter at this point. Both QBs did well for their teams this year but to make a change to a new QB and to actually get older makes no damn sense and you know it.

9. Alex1939

Why?

The age of the quarterback doesn't change the question.. who gives us the best chance to win in 09'? I'm not talking about 2010 or a QB of the future.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

How often does a FA QB come in and adapt thoroughly to a team's system in the first season? Either the team dumbs down their offense for the guy or they just let him wing it ala Brett Favre. These things take time to develop.
    I don't see a first season Garcia beating out Collins (in his 4th with the team).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar